Saturday, August 3, 2013

Letter dated July 15, 2013

Christy: I had told her i was happy for her, but i was also missing her terribly. I also told her I wasn't sure if telling her that would make her sad. This letter was in response to that.

It's okay that you don't know what you feel cause I don't know what I feel either. How I feel is constantly changing but everyone says that is normal so, I guess here goes 18 months of not knowing how to feel :/ jk after the first transfer, I've heard its good after that. I cry whether you tell me you miss me or not, there is no stopping the tears if they want to come! but I miss you too. I don't miss bagging ice though! haha!
I really like D&C 108 too! I love verses 6-8. I already do feel His help and His presence. One night I was praying and telling Heavenly Father that I can't do this on my own and i asked Him to send me help. Instantly I felt Great-Grandma there for me, guiding me. It may have been all in my head, but I know that grandma would be a great person to send to guide me. She was so sweet and really just a great person. And she already knows me and loves me physically and probably spiritually too if she is watching.
I actually did almost get ran over today by my companion, Sister Fink. If I do get really sick then I get to come home early. (wink) I am just kidding. I will be safe and careful in all my doings.
Mom, thanks for raising me in this church and for being the mom you are. I know I tell you that a lot, but I just really have great parents! Thank you for helping me and supporting me so I am able to serve the Lord.
I guess I will tell you about my area. I am in Waseka, Minnesota. It is a small town. We also cover Waterville, Elysian (said like A-Legion) and surrounding areas. Waseca is not as small as Duchesne, but probably a little smaller than Roosevelt. I will send a picture of our meeting house. It is TINY. but the branch is really small and the active members are very few. But we tract a lot and we have only had two people listen to us so far. We made appointments with both to come back, but one ditched and the other was drunk when we made the appointment. He really looked and seemed sincere, I hope he really listens. He even has 3 kids, full custody of 2 of them. I hope we can help him improve his life. There is no doubt that this is a hard area with not a lot of baptisms, which is okay. I will still do my best to find and teach, but mostly I like visiting the less active or inactive members and helping them come closer to Christ. Maybe my next area will be a baptizing area or maybe the Lord will prepare these people to hear the word and this will become a high baptizing area. If the members would invite their friends to learn that would be helpful!
Thanks for having the missionaries over at home, I know their moms are grateful for the members feeding their babies! We don't get a lot of member meals. Not yet anyway, but hopefully soon. Last week we were cleaning a members house for her. She has a family history room! It was awesome. She just has life stories/memorabilia EVERYWHERE. That will be you and me mom when we get old! We will have so much family history we will have to have a special room for it!! Anyway me and Sister Evers (the member we were helping) talked about family history for 2 hours the other day. It was great, then she had ice cream with us then we left. I really liked her. Anyway, I will keep you updated on everything. I love you so much!

p.s. Sister Evers youngest brother lives in Altamont! She knows where Duchesne is. Cool huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment