Monday, August 5, 2013

email to Cassidy Aug 5, 2013

I have been thinking about Star Wars all day today, thinking man I wish I could watch them. You are awesome!!! First attendant is great. Just never complain about wearing your sash cause it's great!!!! Way to win TALENT!!!! No one else told me about the pageant, so you won't have to kill anyone ;)
Cool experiences happen all the time, but yesterday we were studying and I read this talk by Elder Holland and it talked a lot about looking to the future and having faith that God ha something better for you in the future than the things you already have. I got reading that and forgot to prepare what we had planned to prepare for Brother N. Sister Fink also forgot to prepare so we had to make something up and we went to a meeting with him. He just moved into the branch and so we were just getting to know him, talking to him, seeing if he needs help, etc. He was telling us about his past a little and then he was like I jut need to look to the future, just keep moving. Turns out for me to read that talk was totally inspired. Brother N needed to hear that God definitely has better things in store for him than what the past holds. It was really cool to see an actual, real, inspired moment/lesson. We met one new person but he wasn't interested. I am rarely homesick. If I do get homesick it is on P-day when I have nothing to do. As long as I am busy I just love it here. I am basically over homesickness, but it is easier to be homesick on hard days. I love you and I love that you love Star Wars. You will watch 4,5, and 6 with Rick ASAP!!!! (Star Wars hand gesture) ;) ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment