Saturday, August 3, 2013

Letter 8-3-13

Christy: I am trying very hard to keep this updated. I have been playing catch up because I have been busy with Cassidy and her pageant. This letter was received today.

Genisis 21:6 reads "And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." In the footnote for laugh it also says to rejoice. I thought this was fitting for our family because we have that contagious laugh. God made us to be happy and help others be happy. This gospel is what makes us happy (the gospel and our attitudes). We need to share it and also to choose to be happy. Choose to laugh instead of yell. Seeing so many dysfunctional families has made me realize even more how much I love our family. We are so great!
Read Preach my gospel page 146 the quote in the orange box by M. Russell Ballard. (for those of you who might not have this book, I will add the quote)

 "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential.  When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life."

I encourage each of you to set goals to be more cheerful and happy as you go through your day. Sometimes it is hard, but we can do it. We are told as missionaries to have a permanent smile on our faces, which is hard but doing it helps me to have a better attitude. God has made us to laugh. Also, make other goals, write them down and strive to reach them. 

I love each of you and I pray for you often. Be SAFE. I love you and hope to hear from you soon! With love, Sister Emily Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment