Saturday, September 21, 2013

Testimony of Joseph Smith and temple work. 9-9-13

Sunday school here is so good. We had a lesson about Joseph Smith and how many things this gospel has because of him. We talked quite a bit about Hymn 29 "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" because it was sang the day the prophet died. I am amazed by verse 7. I got chills when we were talking about how this verse relates to the temple and also the last 3 lines how the things we do to others are the things we do to Christ. Then this morning in study I read from PMG a quote by Elder Dalin H. Oaks "We do not preach and teach in order to 'bring people into the church' or to increase the membership of the church. We do not preach and teach just to persuade people to live better lives...we invite all to come unto Christ by repentance and baptism and confirmation in order to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the sons and daughters of God." Joseph Smith made us able to do the temple work, without him where would we be? I know that some of the most important work to be done is to encourage and strengthen those members who have not yet made it to the temple. I'm trying to help people here in Waseca prepare for the temple, and the celestial kingdom. I told Brother N the other day I will see him there! I know that is the best place to be. I encourage you to reflect on the blessings you have received from the temple and to set goals of what you can do to either prepare yourself to go to the temple (for Morg & Cass) or for everyone else, who and how can you help to receive those ordinances (living or dead) : ) We have been given temples because of many prophets who were willing to do what God asked. Don't let the temples go unused!!!! I know Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. I love you all! Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment