Friday, September 13, 2013

Family letter 9-2-13

This week was so great! We spent a lot of time tracting which I am actually beginning to enjoy. We were in a town in our area called Waterville. And I've decided the sidewalks in Minnesota are so messed up! Me and Sister Hansen were having fun taking pictures.
In Waterville sharing the Restoration lesson
Sidewalks are so slanted, it's crazy!



There are these bugs in Minnesota and when it gets hot they hum REALLY loud. I was telling Sister Hansen that the noise of those bugs always makes me think of the song Thunder by Boys like Girls where it says "Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer..." The noise of those bugs is the soundtrack of my summer, because we spend a lot of time outside tracting, listening to the bugs as people don't answer their doors :) I guess one of the tracks on the soundtrack of my summer would also be me saying the first vision.

We had a meeting with President Donner, the Branch President. Toward the end of the meeting we asked him if there was a specific message that he wanted us to share with the people we had been discussing. He just smiled and said "Remind them who they are." Right now it made me think of the conference talk where President Uchtdorf (maybe) talked about the lion king when Mufassa comes to Simba in the cloud. We should all look that one over and compare notes! Anyway, after that we searched the scriptures for one that we could share to remind people that they are children of God. I found D&C 50:40-41. I LOVE this scripture. We are all little children in the eternal scheme of things. And we still have a lot left to learn. We can't do everything now, we have to grow first. Then 41 reminds us not to fear because the Lord loves us. God is our Father and we are more like him than we know. The fact that we are sons and daughters of God speaks volumes about our individual potential.
I love you. The Lord loves you too! I pray for you daily. God has a divine plan specialized for each of us! I KNOW that. I <3 being a missionary! Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment