Saturday, September 21, 2013

Letter home 9-9-13 Spirit of Contention

This week was so weird. We had maybe 2 appointments the whole week. I have never felt the spirit of contention in me as much as I did this week (while on my mission) and I was irritated a ton. Looking back on it , it was a really good week. I had a lot of time to discipline myself and to work on improvement. There was a lot of the adversary there to push me away from the spirit, but it never did go away no matter how often I prayed or how much scripture I read until I prayed for the right thing; charity and opportunities to serve my companion. After I began having a willing attitude I began again to be happy and to feel the spirit strong again! Similarly, Brother P is praying to know of God is there. He has been doing that for around three weeks and I think he is getting frustrated that he doesn't get an answer. (He has received them but I don't think he recognizes them) anyway, yesterday when we saw him he had a different spirit. He had questions and he really wanted to know the answers. I have faith that he could be baptized soon if it is the Lord's will, but I feel like for him it will be a long, slow process. But he is progressing!! I know he is coming closer to Christ and as he prays with the right attitude, he will receive undeniable answers!!
I know God is there. Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment