Tuesday, September 3, 2013

How do you know?

We had a lesson in RS today (in Idaho of all places) about learning to be happy. Here are my notes: the plan of happiness with bring me the most joy. Don't let trials and hardships become the center of my life. They are a part of life and we can't let the deprive us of the joys of mortality. Willingly allow the Lord to lead me through my trials. Don't question every prompting. SEEK FOR HAPPINESS just like we would seek for charity or faith. LOOK TOWARD THE SUNSHINE AND YOUR SHADOWS WILL ALWAYS BE BEHIND YOU.

Response to Lindsey's letter:
Wow, it seems like we have had a similar week! Searching for a reason and a purpose and then realizing that success is not always found on a list or in a planner. Last week I did focus on the little successes. I am actually writing all the miracles I recognize daily on my calendar and I LOVE seeing my calendar at the end of the month full of miracles! I absolutely loved being a missionary last week! We did a lot of tracting but I am beginning to like it more, and I am not so scared to talk to people. There are still a ton of times when I say stupid things, or don't know what to say at all so an opportunity is lost but I am learning! One time this week I was discouraged because I felt like all we were doing was service for members and I felt like I wasn't being effective and in small branches the mission rules change because they expect us to serve more because we don't have as many appointments. I don't like when they have to change the rules and make them easier for me, so I was feeling like the rules were expecting me to not be great. Then I realized what a stupid thing that was to be discouraged about. Heavenly Father knows I love to serve people, so he let me be in a place where I get to do 10 hours of service a week! Being in Waseca is such a blessing! My calling is to do what I love, serve people!
We had a meeting with the branch president and we had mentioned finding new people to teach and he just looked at us and said "I'm not sure how you feel about not having new people to teach but these people you are teaching are his children too and they need saving too." We are working with a lot of less active members. So that touched me a lot. Yes, my job is to baptize but in my blessing to be set apart as a missionary it does say I will have special success with less-active members. . .HELLO!!!! That is why we are teaching them, they need to be invited to come to Christ too!
I know that I needed to come on a mission. I have so many things to learn! I am excited to see who God will mold me into while I am in Minnesota! Linds, I love you so much and I know that the Plan of Salvation is God's plan for us to be with our families forever, It is the way for us to be happy for eternity! I am so grateful for your good example to me always. You are a great friend and sister:) Tell Cooper I love him very much!
With Love, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment