Friday, October 3, 2014

Zone Conference and Zoo September 29, 2014 letter

Me at the Como Zoo

Sister Beeson!

Sister Richardson, my MTC companion!

We had a zone conference and I got to see Sister Richardson. It's been so long. I haven't seen her since July 10, 2013 when we flew into Minnesota. Now she serves in the same stake as me. I also got to see Sister Beeson again!!! She is in New Brighton, which is basically the St. Paul area (different than North St. Paul). We saw each other at the President's fireside.
Gretchen had so much support at her baptism. It was awesome. We had to set up more chairs during the opening song because it was so packed! I even got to see Ann Pearson, from Maple Grove. She came to the baptism.
I love to Zoo! Here I am with the giraffe's. It was way fun and we got to ride the bus there, which has been my dream. To be able to ride the bus.
On a more serious note. I was studying chapter 6 in Preach my Gospel: Christlike attributes and was reading the section on virtue. I'll pause while you read it . . . .  done? I loved the 3rd paragraph. "If the stage is left bare, thoughts of darkness and sin often enter the stage to tempt. But these thoughts have no power if the stage of your mind is occupied by wholesome thoughts, such as a memorized hymn or verse of scripture that you can call upon in a moment of temptation". This is true. When our mind is idle that is when we often start making dumb mistakes. When I focus on memorizing scriptures, I am much happier and more consecrated and focused on my work, which is the Lord's work. That is why I issued you the challenge, it helps me stay motivated to keep my mind busy with uplifting thoughts! And it helps me to stay/become more virtuous and more Christlike. I love y'all. Have a wonderful, sunshiny week. Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment