Monday, October 20, 2014

No transfers! Yeah. October 20, 2014

I did not get transferred! Neither Did Sister Nelson! Only the Elders in our ward left, two that had been here for over 5 months left the ward and their greenies took over the area. That is awesome way to read a talk every day and discuss it with your family! When do you read them? How do you pin kids down long enough to pull that off? I did not get conference CD's yet.

AHHH! I can't believe Alex is home! Is what is he doing for the time being, is he headed off to BYU? I love Mona, she is such a great lady!

I don't know Ginger but I do know Todd, that's cool that she is coming to church!

Well, this is kind of random, my companion hardly ever gets mail, and it is really hard to not get mail. . . Let me tell you a little about her. Her and her whole family have been in foster care. Her step father was abusive and so she was taken from her birth mom and put in foster care when she was 6 years old. She did get to live it the same houses as her siblings, but it still must be awful to be taken from your mom! Early on she got put in a LDS home and was with them for 9 years, where she got baptized. But later homes were not supportive of church, and they did not want to help her live the gospel. All 3 of her siblings were baptized, and she is the only one who is active. So as you can imagine, she has many people helping her to be able to afford a mission, but not much support otherwise. If you could write her letters everyonce in a while that would be great:)

Did you get my notice that I need a new SD card so I can keep taking pictures?

I love you so much mom, you are great!

With Love,
      Sister Smith





October 19, 2014 Christy wrote:

Did you get transferred? What's new? I saw a thing on facebook about a challenge to read a conference talk everyday as a family then talk about it. So last Monday we started. There is a specific list with an order of the talks. Not just watch them in a row. I love it so far. It has been really good to share our thoughts and testimonies of different subjects. Did you get your conference CD's yet? I hope it is something you can listen to and enjoy. The messages were all so good. Lots of testimony of revelation and our prophet and how he was called of God. One talk we all really enjoyed was Linda K. Burton, Prepared in a manner that never had been known. I love how she explained with the ten virgins how it is impossible to share our oil. I always felt bad that the five wise wouldn't share their oil. We have been taught to share and serve others. They way we build up our lamps is by going to church, reading our scriptures, saying our prayers. etc. That is why we cannot give away our oil. Dad and I got the exact same thing out of that talk. It was funny.
Well Elder Farnsworth made it home last Friday. He looks exactly the same. His mom has a huge smile on her face and I don't think her feet are touching the ground yet. lol.
I am starting a new class for family history. I am excited. Lana Jordan and Ginger Johnson and hopefully her husband are going to come in. Do you know Ginger? Morgan's friend Todd who seems to find a way to get in trouble? Do you know anything about Todd? Well anyway, it is his mom. She is super nice and works at the county building where you register vehicles. They used to come as a family for a while, but only Ginger comes now. I had a feeling to ask her if she wanted to take the class. She was super excited and was going to call me about it. I feel Heavenly Father guided me to ask her. She works in the young women's now. The girls really like her. Well it is getting late and I better get off to bed. I love you and hope you are doing well. Have a great week. Love you tons, xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox((((hugs)))) Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment