Friday, October 17, 2014

October 13, 2014. Letter home Crazy week.

So this week we went to a nursing home. While we were waiting for an elevator an old man in a wheel chair, probably a little crazy, told us his wheels were made of Gold. We were confused so he said it again. Then he grabbed my hand and said "and we're gonna go for a spin." Then he kissed my hand! It was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me. Thankfully he let go of my hand when the elevator came, which was right after he kissed my hand. Oh man, all the nurses were quietly laughing and Sister Nelson and I just laughed so hard when the elevator door closed. I have never seen sister Nelson laugh so hard, not even when we talk about how I fell off my bike. It was just a really weird week. I feel so bad stuff is happening to me, but I don't have any control.
On a more spiritual note, We are starting to gain the ward's trust. The Cedar Lake ward just combined with the Crystal Ward 5 months ago and the ward is still pretty separated. The Cedar Lake members still know and trust the Cedar Lake missionaries. It is a funny thing. But we bore our testimony and the ward members came up and talked to us. We got invited to dinner!! (which was a miracle because we haven't had a member meal in a week and a half) Then we got asked to talk in church next week! Which was so exciting! We finally found out transfer news. We are staying together for another transfer. I'm finally gonna stay in an area for a little more than 3 months!
Love Y'all, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment