Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oct 21, family letter

Well tomorrow marks 17 weeks that Emily has been gone. She is growing so much and is so happy. What a great decision this was for her. Things have been a little crazy since the transfer to St. Paul. Their apartment wasn't ready when the got there so they lived with the English sisters for a week. Now we can get back on a schedule of letters and photos!

 Sister P and her sister. Sister P is teaching us the new "Kuh ran" language. 
 We got invited to a Karen wedding. These were the flower girls. They loved us so we got our picture taken with them.
 Sister P was a bridesmaid at the wedding. My companion Sister Riley was wearing a traditional Karen dress. That is so cool!
My first Karen meal! They like their food very spicy.
I have a chicken foot on my fork!!! I even ate it.
It just tasted like chicken, but there was a bunch of
bones in it. ICK!

I got to talk in sacrament meeting this week about reflections from General Conference. A theme I picked out that was super important is that we need to put God first in our lives. I loved Elder Ballard's talk about we need to stay focused on our ultimate goal which should be the celestial kingdom. I also loved D. Todd Christoffersen's talk for obvious reasons. It is always important to be reminded of the effect we can have on people. But it made me think of times when I have put God first and times when I haven't and the outcomes of both, and by far putting Him first ALWAYS yields better outcomes. I know as we put God first in our lives we will be blessed, because He knows what is best for us. With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment