Thursday, October 10, 2013

Email to Grandma and Grandpa Oct 7, 2013



Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I LOVE St. Paul. Normally when I leave Waseca I am nervous and scared and I feel so out of place but I never felt like that here. I instantly felt at home. I know the Lord is blessing me and helping me know that this is where I need to be, and Karen is the language I need to be speaking. We also do English work, we are kind of half and half, which is nice. We can still do some teaching while we are learning the language. Sister Riley and I are the first Karen Sisters in the mission so she doesn't know the language either.

I loved conference so much! We visited a less active member before conference and she is from Idaho Falls! So of course I was thinking about how much I love that place and then we started talking about how we have so many traditions of the General Conference weekend that I could probably tell you exactly what my family would be doing at what time this whole weekend. I was sad to be away but I also really liked being in the chapel. I was able to be less distracted and I didn't fall asleep at all!

With Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment