Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Email October 7, 2013

Last week was total madness so I didn't write anyone except the family and you. But I am doing my best to write everyone that I can. I will write Cass back soon but I still haven't written Jenn back!
I did get to play bingo for conference I had one space left on both of my bingo sheets. I had Heaven left on one and Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy on the other. One person gave a talk completely about Sabbath day observance but he never said Keep the Sabbath day Holy. . . ugh! But I loved my bingo prize! I am so excited to go to the temple! I watched conference in the chapel at our meetinghouse. I can't believe I grew up in Utah and I have never been to a general conference session. That is a new goal of mine. I want to be there!
There was a really strong emphasis on families because so many people don't understand. My mind is blown about how many members here don't have a desire to go to the temple or how many people marry people of different relationships. We need to have people that are going to go to the temple!!!!! Families are important! The world needs to know that!
Mom, you are a great teacher! I have been there for your lessons before and they are always so good and you follow the spirit really well, don't let Satan discourage you! You are incredible!
Yes we are getting cold weather. I know I will be staying here for a long time so if you could send all my winter stuff (Boots, Coat, Wool Socks) that would be great! I want to be ready when it hits, I don't want to be in the snow without boots and a good winter coat. Mostly it is rainy but I don't think snow will be too far behind. . .
I do still have oils but the headaches have ceased once again. I KNOW that Lord is taking away my stress because I should be a total disaster right now. This transfer brought so many changes: Small town to big city, English to Karen, Sister Hansen to Sister Riley, branch to big ward, etc. Also there has never been Karen Sisters, so we are opening a new area, and both learning the language. But I know that this is where I am supposed to be and who I am supposed to be with and the Lord is blessing me A TON already. It is a huge blessing to be with Sister Riley, I love her already so far we get along really well. When President Clements gave me a blessing this week he did say that we will be together for a long time and we will be blessed to get a long well. I love North St. Paul. I immediately felt like I was at home as soon as I got to the area. This feels so right. I know that my Heavenly Father Loves me so much and he knows where I need to be, and what I can handle. I am excited to learn Karen and to learn to love these people. They are so great Mom!
I love you very much and I hope you get this e-mail. remember to send my mail to the mission office!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment