Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Email Oct 20 and 21, 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013  Christy Smith wrote:

The mail was very interesting this week. Got your postcard one day. A few days later got the family mail, then the next day got mail for me and Jennifer. I don't really care when they come, I just love it when they come. You should get your winter package today. Hope you aren't picking it up on your bike. It's huge. Cass did get her card and Rebecca Denney got hers at church today. You are so awesome.
I'm doing really good with my goal to read an ensign article every day. There really are some great stories and good counsel given. I'm so glad I decided to do it. Have you read any of the October articles? There are two great ones. How can I be a successful missionary, and hastening the work of salvation. The second article has a cool website, maybe you have been there. It is hasteningthework.lds.org. So I went and checked it out to see what it was about. So good. We really are all in the work together. This site just shows us all the ways we should work together and what our responsibilities are. I love the short videos, you can really feel the spirit watching them. Have you made a profile on Mormon.org or wherever it is? I know you told Jamie to and I see that Nic has made a profile too. I think I will have everyone do that for fhe tonight. I will send you a conference ensign as soon as they come out.
So Jerry (Gerald) Arkadis Smith our new relative and I are having quite the time exchanging info. I did send your our conversations with your winter package so you can understand it better, but Dan and Anna were divorced, and she remarried, which explains the name change for Nick's mother on some of the paperwork I have found. Jerry is very open with his life and stuff he has. I don't know what religion he is, but I will have to go there with him this week. If Nick's work needs to get done, Jerry will have to approve it. I did reserve it, but will wait to get permission for sure. Maybe this will be a great missionary opportunity for me, who knows.
I told our local elders if I could help fellowship any investigators to let me know. They jumped on it and are coming for dinner Tuesday. We were told to pray for them by name and their investigators, so I am following that council. We don't see them much like the elders before. I hate it when I have to start over with new missionaries. Just when we get to know them, bam they are gone. Oh well that's life right? I love you and hope you are doing well. I know Heavenly Father is watching over you and keeping you calm. I thank Him every day for that. Can't wait to hear from you. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox. Love, mommy


EMILY'S reply to mom:
That is weird that the mail came on all different days! haha! The mail kept you on your toes! I got the package on Saturday but we didn't have time to go to the post office and pick it up yet so that is the next stop on our P-Day adventure! I felt so bad that I was late for Rebecca's birthday hers was one that I really really wanted to be on time for. Oh well, ya gotta put the past behind ya.
I love the Ensigns Sister Fink used to read them to me during meal times! We are all in the work together! yes I do have a mormon.org profile. But it is hard to find me because how many other Emily Smith's are there in the world? but you can find me by searching Emily Smith or by searching Sister Smith.
I am so excited about this Jerry Arkadis! I will pray that this will turn into a missionary opportunity for you!!!!
You are awesome! I was just going to tell you today in this e-mail to tell the Elders that you want to help them and to not just wait for them to ask. It makes it so you are on their mind and they know you are willing to help instead of just guessing but you are already one step ahead of me!!!! Do they only do Spanish work? They still are Spanish Elders right?
I am doing well and I get to go to the temple this Wendesday so I'm really excited to go there and hopefully recieve more guidance!
Your guess was closest about what my new companion looks like, the only thing different was that she has long blonde hair instead of short blond hair!
Thank you so much for all you do for me. I really don't know how I can show you how grateful I am to you, and for you.
With Love, XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Sister Smith

Thank You so much for my balance. So I just found out that we are supposed to have $100.00 cash for emergencies so could you put an extra 100.00 on my card so I can go to the ATM and have my money for emergencies? Thank You so much!
yes We do still need the GPS. I get SOOO lost in St. Paul. the only place I can make it to without the GPS is the grocery store, Aldi, and the church. The only other thing I can think that you could send is any long sleeve shirt you can find that is mine. It is SO cold here! Thank YOU so much for all you do. you really are the best.
With Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment