Friday, October 18, 2013

Email to Mom Oct 14, 2013

I love getting lots of e-mails, never apologize for that! I am so glad that Dan is done! I love chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel. I studied it this morning about prayer and how we can feel the spirit stronger in our prayers. I am so excited to go to the temple soon. I haven't gone yet but we will before the transfer is over definitely. I love the peace you get to bring home too. Thank you so much for always going to the temple. Your example always gave me the desire to go there myself one day and I see all of these converts who do not have a desire to go to the temple and it is so sad.
I did get the link for the website but I am not allowed to look at it because we can only go to like 4 websites and that is not one of them. Why did 16 boys end up at the genealogy library?
So I may be confused about the whole Dan Situation. . . Dan has a son named Nicholas who had a son who was adopted out and that is who you wrote to about his family? Is that correct? Do you have what you said to the one who was adopted out? I did see 2 messages that he wrote to you but none that you wrote to him. Did you write him first? Sorry I have tons of questions but this is a cool experience and I want to make sure I understand what is happening with it.
I love you tons Thanks so much for all you do. If you haven't sent my winter stuff out yet will you please do that ASAP! my new address is
55 Hyacinth Ave W. #305
St. Paul Minnesota 55117
It is getting pretty chilly here and I think it may snow this week and if not this week soon. Also do we have an extra GPS around the house that you could send to me Sister Riley's died and so we are borrowing Elder Newton's until we can get one for us to have.
I have lots of fun stuff to tell you in my letter. Also Sorry I have been taking so long to send the letters so they haven't been getting there on Saturday. Sister Riley and I are the first Karen Sisters so we are opening a new area and our new apartment wasn't ready for us yet so we were living with the English Sisters in North St. Paul but we moved into our new apartment last Tuesday and the letters I wrote on Monday got lost in the move until Thursday or Friday so they are coming soon! I love you!!!!!!!
With Love Sister Smith.


P.S. I want you and Cass to guess what my new companion looks like again! I will send a picture with this week's letter!
XOXOXOXOXOX

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013  Christy wrote:

So for our anniversary I got dad to take me to the temple! It was fun. We finished Dan up. I am so happy. I figured you would be too. Anyway I was having a hard time feeling the spirit. I listened to conference talks on the way over, but apparently they didn't help me. Anyway so I said a prayer for Heavenly Father to help me feel the spirit. Then as Adam and Eve were leaving the garden, I was just thinking how grateful I am for their faithfulness. They had to do some hard things for us. Then when Satan was tempting them, all they wanted was more knowledge from Heavenly Father. You know Satan is real and he is right there so close waiting for us to mess up or have a weak moment. Then when Adam and Eve do get their messengers, none of them are afraid to stand up to Satan. They just give him those looks of total disgust. I want to be like that. Heavenly Father has given us messengers too. Especially with conference being last week, we have so much fresh stuff to study to stay strong. I'm so grateful for our devoted prophet and church leaders. I could feel my Heavenly Fathers love for me as I walked into the Celestial room and looked into His eyes. He knows ME! I am going to try so hard to have more meaningful prayers. I need Heavenly Father to know how much I love Him.
I hope you get to go to the temple soon if you haven't already. I love the peace I get to bring home. I just wanted to write you tonight while all this was fresh in my mind. Sorry for another email. It's midnight now so I'm going to turn in. Love you so much, <3 mom

No comments:

Post a Comment