Friday, October 18, 2013

Family Letter received Oct 15, 2013

What a crazy week! So sorry I'm still trying to figure everything out here in St. Paul so no pictures. :(
But you get a postcard! Anyway, I am working now with Karen people and English people. Karen is said Kuh-ran. The people are from a country called Burma and their government decided to go crazy and start killing all of their people. So they all fled to Thailand and then came to Washington State, Utah, and Minnesota. There is a branch of Karen people in Utah!! But right now I am trying to learn the alphabet. (From Christy: I wish I could somehow show you all what it looks like,  but I don't think there is any way to type it. You will have to google it) Like I said in the post card the Karen members of the ward give all the missionaries a Karen name. There are four sets of missionaries in our ward. My name means love, special/good, first, flower. said Eh blu cho Paw! We are learning phrases but not much. We know how to say nice to meet you, my name is, how are you doing, Thank you, and yes. I can also count to 10!
I love it here. I feel so calm and peaceful. I know the Lord is helping me learn and He is protecting me from my own stress. I love you all! Be safe. Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment