Monday, August 18, 2014

Letter to Mom Aug. 18, 2014 Learning to trust the Lord

Morgan got his wisdom tooth pulled? Well, one less thing to do before his mission!
    Biking is going well. I actually have not been sore at all. The first day Sister Fullwood was VERY sore, but I am doing good! I am doing good on clothes now, my wardrobe just doubled because I can fit into my companion's clothes. I would never say no to skirts you send me, but I should be good. If you do send me one, I'd ask for one that will look good with a black shirt that needs tucked in. (Funny thing is I just sent her a peach colored one with a black belt, should work perfectly)
    You should definitely share your testimony of patriarchal blessings with Morgan and Cassidy. That would be good for them.
    I have been pondering a lot about how to help people change their attitudes. It is a challenge . . . especially to do it in a kind and loving way.
    No word from either of the people we taught at the bus stop, but that is ok it planted a seed! John is so cool! He actually keeps his appointments and he loves all of the members he has met. Our ward is pretty busy. A lot of the people work, so they don't have tons of time to help us out.
    I just bought scrapbook paper and have lots of stamps. I am running low on envelopes. I would love if you would send your recipe for lasagna in a crock pot and some canned chicken. We get fed about once a week in this ward, so not as awesome as Maple Grove.
    You asked me about what experiences have taught me to trust the Lord. There have been many different experiences. A few from my mission that stand out are all of the guidance I received at the beginning of my mission like about where to go and what to do. Then having hard companionships. Those kind of companionships teach me to trust in the Lord and know that this is where I need to be. Learning to speak Karen was the #1 way of me learning to trust the Lord. When I heard about it I was excited but also very scared. So when I had thought about it for a while, I decided to pray about if it was right and I got a very clear answer that that is where I needed to be. It was so hard to learn and to understand, I was so scared, but I learned a lot of how to trust in the Lord through that. Knowing that the Lord would put me where he needed me. There have been lots of experiences that have helped me learn to trust the Lord, and I still need lots of work on it, but I'm getting better.

With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment