Friday, August 1, 2014

Family letter 7-28-14. 11 mile bike ride

Happy late birthday to Cooper! Did you do anything fun for him? Well this week was full of surprises. when I got to my new area I found out we were on our bikes for the day. The Elders in our ward are only on bikes, so when they transferred they took our car to Bloomington. We biked 11 miles that day, not too shabby. The best part was that night we were tracting then we went to head back to our bikes so we could be home by 9:00 ish, and this guy hunted us down and began asking tons of questions, mostly about the Bible. Then we taught him about the Restoration! He loved it! He needs this gospel and this church. He wants friends that will help him be righteous. When we ended the lesson it was like 9:05 and the very latest we should be home is 9:30. We were still super far away. Let me assure you I have NEVER ridden a bike so fast in my whole life. We were both peddling so hard and praying to make it home in time. We did make it with six minutes to spare!!! The next day we got our car back. I am driving a ford :( It's a 2013 Ford Fusion.
This week I want to testify to you about the inspired nature of Patriarchal Blessings. Does Morgan have his yet? I've been worried about losing the positive influence and attitude that I have had around me for the past 12 weeks. (Sister Shumway) And how I can help my current companion to have a desire to be positive and obedient. I felt inspired to read my patriarchal blessing. One line says something about how people will be astounded at the influence I have over people just by my example. I felt so at peace knowing I have the courage and ability to change lives by my example. I just need to make sure I am obedient and cheerful!
With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment