Friday, August 22, 2014

Email August 18, 2014 I miss my brother!

I will not send family mail to her again, I will just send it to our house.
I am glad you had some fun parties, that is so funny that Cooper hates dirty hands, and Porter does not mind. That is a good reflection of their parents I think. :)
Morgan is such a good kid, I really do love him so much. I miss my brother!!! There is an Elder here in my ward who is brand new on his mission, and he reminds me a lot of Morgan, it is kind of funny. he always is talking about transmissions, and a Cummins engine, and he will just talk a lot, and ask any question that is on his mind, not scared to ask anyone anything:) He is going to be a good missionary, so will Morgan:)
You did teach all of us how to be a hard worker. That is something I noticed, I just assumed that people knew how to work because it was natural for me but nope! there are a lot of people who just decide to not work because they can talk to their friends instead, weird.

With Love,
      Sister Smith


On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM, Christy Smith <tasmith64@hotmail.com> wrote:
So funny thing I just found out at Porter's birthday party Saturday that Jenn had a letter you sent to the family to her box. I'm guessing she had it for a week because it did have the new address in it you sent me. Please don't send family mail to her again. I have not been very happy that we didn't get mail that week. I just couldn't imagine because you said you had some good stuff to tell us. Or I will have to have her check her mail on friday/saturday and then tell me we get mail. I understand spreading the love, but I need to know when we get letters.
We had some fun parties for the boys. Cooper was so happy with a new football and his cupcakes. Although he didn't like the frosting on his fingers. Such a funny kid. He doesn't like to have dirty hands. Porter on the other hand doesn't care at all. He loves to play in the dirt and mud. Cooper loves to play in it too, but just not have dirty hands.
Fair week was fun. We managed fine with the ice. Morgan pretty much did it on his own. I'm not sure what people thought about this kid coming down to sell ice. He did ok. About 450.00 all week. He learned some good lessons. Like you have to beat igloo at it time wise and show up in the morning. There were some people he was afraid to talk to, some new vendors. I didn't know he was afraid to talk to anyone. Figured he was like dad and grandpa. Not too bad for a first year of being on his own. I would go help with receipts when he was busy but that wasn't often. People were so kind and anytime they saw me with him just gave constant praise about what a good kid he is. Kind and considerate. Hard worker. They were very impressed by him. Makes me feel good. Not many 16 year olds like Morgan. Dad has taught him well.
Went to the lake with the four wheelers for family home evening. Isn't Cooper so cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment