Monday, August 11, 2014

Email August 11, 2014 learning the Ten Commandments

Computers are lovely things sometimes! haha! just when you need them they will not work. We experience computer problems frequently on Mondays. I'm glad fair went well!
I am so excited for Mel and trent! they are going to be two "new creatures in Christ" when I get home! I do not know Shannon Hamilton. How big are your family history classes? is it just for 2nd ward? is it during Sunday school?

What kind of changes are going on in Seminary? I will reply to why I chose to serve in a letter, I don't have much time today because it is district p-day but I will do it soon. All of my companion's family has been baptized but her mom was less-active (she is now re-activated since Sister Fullwood's mission) but she has been divorced twice and now she is single, her dad is Atheist, and her Sister is active now too. I do miss Sister Shumway a lot, I did not realize how much I liked her until we were not together 24/7.
It is cool that Elder Taylor got sealed to his family!
There is a cool way that the missionaries here teach the 10 commandments with hand motions, you will have to ask the Elders there about that! See if they have any good teaching tools for that!
Thank you for your prayers, this companionship is causing me a lot of stress so I have a constant head and stomach ache, and I need all the help I can get!.

With Love,
      Sister Smith


On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Christy <tasmith64@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm so mad I stayed up late last night writing an email to you because I am in Roosevelt now with Cassidy tumbling and knew I wouldn't have much time this morning to email. I didn't finish because I got tired and figured I could get back on this morning. My computer is being retarded and won't do anything. Good thing I have an iPad with Internet. Bad thing is I can't access the letter I already started. Oh well. When I get home maybe I will have more time to loom it over then send it.
Fair week was fine. It rained every day. Don't know what it is about fair week that brings the rain. Carnival didn't have much the kids wanted to do and the little boys were too little to ride much.

I started a new course again with Mel and Trent taking the class. Also Shannon Hamilton. I don't know if you know her. She is starting from scratch, not knowing anything about family history research. She has had this nagging feeling lately of needing to of it, but not knowing where to start. It's going to be exciting to see what she can accomplish in 7 weeks. She is probably in her late 60's I would guess. She does know how to work the computer though, which is a big plus. To start out class I asked them why they were taking the class or what they were hoping to accomplish. Trent shared how Mel coming every week has strengthened their relationship. She comes home so excited and telling Trent stories she finds or whatever. I could feel the spirit so strong during the class. I am very excited this time around. All the class is excited to be there.
They had a seminary meeting last night about a few changes they are making. I got to thinking about Morgan and how I can help him get on a mission. Some days I think it will never happen, not because he doesn't have a testimony but he gets so frustrated with things like sitting in meetings or with his young men leaders now. I keep praying to know what he needs and that he will be able to do it. How did you decide to serve, or what made you decide to do it? You can definitely respond in a letter. I understand you have lots of people to write and might need time to think about that. I did tell everyone about you wanting the temple sealing day stories and plan on sitting down today to do that. It is sad that your companion hasn't been sealed to her family. Are they members or not active? Are you enjoying her? Sounded like you were missing Sister Shumway. You can be that same example to your new companion. I love being around happy positive people. Elder Taylor that was a missionary here in Duchesne just went to the temple to be sealed to his family last week, while he was on his mission. I didn't know that could happen. So exciting to have that happen. His family has gone through lots of changes because of his decision to serve a mission.
My scripture mastery study is going well. Except I have the Ten Commandments! Not sure that will happen. I need to get to work on your brother and sister. Don't think they have even memorized one yet. Stinkers.
I got a really cool email from Beverly Caldwell today thanking me for everything I have done for her. She told me I was the best visiting teacher ever. I am not telling you this to brag, I am telling you this because people know we love them when we serve them. I am so blessed with parents who are the best examples ever of serving without complaining. I hope the people you serve will feel your love for them. I will sign off for now so I don't take up all your time. I love you and thank you for your example. We feel your spirit at home. You are in all our prayers. Have a great day! Love, mommy
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo (((((((( ))))))))))) hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment