Thursday, July 3, 2014

Letter to mom dated June 29, 2014. The good and bad of the week.

Morgan has a job? Does he like it? He is growing up so fast. He is taking responsibility for things. I feel like his testimony is growing a lot too, which I am grateful for. Why don't you teach Cassidy to mow the lawn? It would be a good skill for her to have. I have no idea how to mow a lawn because it was always yours and Morgans job. Now I wish I knew how to mow a lawn.
It is so great that Morgan got his Eagle. I'm so proud of him. Things are going well, we teach about 5 restoration lessons to new people each week. (Last two weeks we got 6 restos!) but sadly the percentage of those people that actually turn into investigators is 0. We have been here for 8 weeks and we started with two and are now down to 1 because one moved to Rochester, Mn. The best thing that happened this week was on Sunday we got to teach a Hmong guy named Jerry. He was super eager to read the Book of Mormon and go to church. He lives in Minneapolis so we won't be able to continue teaching him but it was the best to see his desire and excitement to learn. We very rarely get that!
The worst thing that happened is my headaches are back. I don't know why. Possibly because my shoes and inserts are wore out. I got both new shoes and supports so hopefully I should be on the mend! I'm so glad you found Bruno! It's sad that he ran away. With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment