Wednesday, July 16, 2014

email 7-14-14 Answering my letter

My letter to Emily is posted at the bottom of her letter, so if you are confused just keep reading.

They are covered with paper becausue I want to not look at the lame planner cover all transfer, so you can put stickers, or pictures of Jesus or quotes, or anything! You like to scrapbook, it's kind of like that! Just to make it a cute background too!
The Atonement talks you should be able to find them online at lds.org.
The pictures were fun! I did not even recognize Brynlee, she is so grown up! I hope you get your iPad worked out, by the way, I don't know if you have seen this but here is a pretty cool article about the use of iPads for missionaries, and what they have decided to do with them.
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-expands-use-of-digital-devices-for-missionary-work?cid=HPFR062714276

You and I are totally on the same page! Today I read a talk on family history from this last conference. By Quinten L Cook he said: "Don’t underestimate the influence of the deceased in assisting your efforts and the joy of ultimately meeting those you serve. The eternally significant blessing of uniting our own families is almost beyond comprehension." how cool is that?! It is so exciting that you found a family that went back to 1515!

I LOVE them. (new shoes) They will be really comfortable when they are broken in! I still have some mole skin from when I was in the MTC, so I should be good, they are not even too bad, they are already comfortable to wear! Cassidy mentioned it but I do not really know any details of her pageant. Is it the one that Jenn is in charge of?
It does make sense where the veterans memorial is now, I guess in my memory the land there is very little, but I do not really remember, it has been a long time since I lived in Duchesne.

I am glad Ally is more happy, she needs to write me! I miss her too. Every time Elder Peatross and I see each other we ask "has Allyson written you?" haha! it is funny, we always discuss changes that we hear about from home, like Kim being married and having a baby, etc. I have not heard from Ally at all, except a graduation announcement.

The pictures were great! i loved them! Love ya! XOXOXO

With Love,
      Sister Smith


On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Christy wrote:
   I love Mondays! I love to hear from you and see what's new. Before I forget, your bank balance is 188.10. I have a few questions for you. You send home two planners for us to decorate. They are already covered with paper. Did you just want stickers or drawings or something else added? And I was looking over the Atonement study schedule you sent. The first part that is listed, are they talks I can get online or what? I looked, but maybe not hard enough for the talks. So I started with the scriptures and have been studying those. I took lots of pictures outside yesterday while we were outside relaxing watching the kids play. My ipad is being a pain and won't let me sent any emails out. It keeps telling me the password is wrong. I even changed it on the big computer then on the ipad to match and it still says the same thing. It is driving me crazy. I got some cute videos of Cooper playing in the cozy coupe. Won't let me send those either.
   I have been working for some time 3-4 weeks on a family in family search. I have a legal size notebook with four pages of information I have found that I need to put on or people that need more information before I can put on. Like an obituary on findagrave.com that lists children so I have to go looking. Anyway, some days it drives me crazy. I just want to get the information put on and cross it off my notes. Last week I really prayed hard to know where to start or who needed me to work on them. When I went to the family history center on Wednesday I added William Stroupe's mom. (I found her on a census) From there it added 12 more generations to our tree! Clear back to the year 1515. It is so exciting. I have more names that need sources, but I can get help from Lindsey. I haven't really had a chance to do much looking around about them, but I love it. Now I just need to find a spouse for Dollie, William's mom. I am also amazed at how the Ensign always has an article about family history and it always happens I read it when I need it for my class. I feel the Holy Ghost guide me so much with family history.
   You mentioned buying new shoes, how are the one's I sent ya? I love new shoes after they are broken in. Hopefully it won't take long to break them in. I do have some moleskin I can send you if you get blisters from breaking them in. All the girls went to Wicked at Capitol Theatre this weekend. It was so good. Cassidy wore some shoes that gave her blisters wearing them all day. Not really much new going on here. Cassidy will be in her pageant Saturday. Did anybody tell you about it already? Seems like I have, but maybe not. It is here in Duchesne.
I was going to draw you a map about the veteran's memorial here in town, but I keep forgetting. If you drive past Angella's house and cross the bridge to come back into town. Where the road splits and you can go toward Roosevelt or keep driving into town, that little triangle of land is where it is. Does that make sense?
    Allyson Mckee asked me about you yesterday and when you would be home. I told her the end of December and she sighed and said, "I miss her". I told her we talk about her quite often. She is so cute. I just love her so much. She sure seems happier now than a few months ago.
    Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday. Lindsey is 29 weeks now. I had to get a picture of her in her matchy dress. Brynlee and Cooper were having a demolition derby. And Kade was playing with Cooper too. They are getting big too. Hope the pictures work and you can see them. I'm not having much luck with them this week. I love you and hope you have a great day.
Hugs and kisses. Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment