Monday, July 21, 2014

Email 7-21-14 President's fireside.



weekly letter replacement!

This week I am sending a weekly e-mail rather than a weekly letter, because I have to pack and do other things this p-day. anyway, this is a repeat for mom, but everyone else will get it (plus this one is more complete, because I added more on to it!)

My week was so full of awesomeness! The best thing was going to President's Fireside. Which is a fireside that my mission president has once a month and recent converts share their conversion story in 5-10 minutes, and the Spirit is so strong there. But this time I had a very special experience. For the first time I saw some investigators and members from North St. Paul, and , Sister Riley, I truly felt like Ammon, when he is reunited with Alma, and his brothers in Alma 27:

"16 And it came to pass that as [Sister Smith] was going forth into the land [of Bloomington], that [s]he and h[er] brethren met [Sister Riley, and all of her favorite Karen people], over in the place of which has been spoken; and behold, this was a joyful meeting.
17 Now the joy of [Sister Smith] was so great even that [s]he was full; yea, [s]he was swallowed up in the joy of h[er] God, even to the exhausting of h[er] strength; and he fell again to the earth.
18 Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.
19 Now the joy of [Sister Riley] in meeting h[er] brethren was truly great. . ."
My joy was full as I saw the progress of both Ann (Who came to President's Fireside) and others that I have taught, and the progress of my companion in learning the Karen language! I know that there is no other thing that can bring such great joy as I felt! Only the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that seals families together, and gives us the knowledge of the Celestial kingdom can bring such a lightness of heart and a sincere joy!

I also found out that a Karen investigator that I had in North St. Paul got baptized, and so did Jose and Miriam! Jose and Miriam got married and baptized(that is who the attached picture is of, just a reminder for y'all)! They were always a family I felt so close to, I knew that I knew them since day one! They fit so well into the North St. Paul ward! My heart truly rejoices in knowing that people that I know and love are coming unto Christ!

Also, I'm getting transferred. So DO NOT SEND MAIL TO HILLTOP CT ANYMORE! just send it to the mission home! I am going to Cedar Lake Ward! My new companion is so awesome! Her and I have served around each other often, and we have always wanted to be companions! So I am so super excited about it! Very bittersweet. I wanted to stay here for the rest of my mission, because I love this ward, but I know that I will love the next ward too! The church is true where ever you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment