Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week of miracles Dated July 13, 2014

What a week! This week was great, we got fed dinner almost every night! And on Sunday I was thinking, "It's been a ling time since I have had enchiladas. That sounds so good." Then on Monday one our favorite families invited us over for dinner and they fed us enchiladas! They were creamy chicken enchiladas just like mom's! Yummy, it made me so happy!

There were many miracles this week. There is one I would like to share. It was Sunday and we had not taught many Restoration lessons this week. We were focused on finding and trying to achieve our goals. We felt inspired to go to the Relief Society Presidents house and go finding in her area. So we went to her house. Before we went out tracting, we knocked on her door and told her we would be in the area for the next 40 minutes and we wanted to come back after that time and tell her about all the miracles we found in her area. She agreed and we said a prayer with her before we went out to work. We were so blessed to be able to talk to many people. we got to teach two people and set up appointments to come back and teach two others. It was probably the most productive hour we have had all week. Then when we went back to share miracles with the Relief Society President and her less-active son asked if he could sit in and listen to the miracles that happened! Little did he know he was part of the list of miracles that night! The Lord guides us every day!

I have been making the Atonement a part o my daily study and i have been able to see a huge difference in my happiness level. Early on this week I had a rough day where I was doubting myself and questioning why we were doing so much tracting and not finding any new investigators. I have also been having a lot more headaches lately so it was just rough. We called the Ward Mission Leader, Brother Kochenderfer, and another brother in the ward and asked for a blessing. As we talked before the blessing, I realized how prideful I have been. Thinking that I don't need medicine, or that my companion and I can find investigators on our own without the members help. Since the, I have made sure to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ more to my life, and to study it more. I have seen a huge increase in happiness and desire to do the Lord's work.

With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment