Monday, June 30, 2014

New Mission President

Stephen Watkins Forbes, 58, and Mary Faith Wenzel Forbes, four children, Perry Park Ward, Castle Rock Colorado Stake: Minnesota Minneapolis Mission, succeeding President Jordan W. Clements and Sister Julie A. Clements. Brother Forbes is a former counselor in a stake presidency, bishop, high councilor, ward clerk, Scoutmaster and missionary in the Brazil São Paulo South Mission. Vice president/attorney, SunGard. Born in Richland, Washington, to Homer Robins Forbes and Alene Janette Forbes.

Sister Forbes is a former counselor in a ward Relief Society, Young Women, and Primary presidencies, Cub Scout leader and seminary teacher.


Friday, June 27 we get a new mission president. President and Sister Forbes. I am so sad and excited a the same time. I am excited to get to know the Forbes. But I'm going to miss the Cements a lot! I always told myself that the Clements would be out until I had been out for a year, so that was never going to happen. Well here it is.
I want to share an experience from this week, but I am prefacing it by telling mom to stay calm, DO NOT CALL THE MISSION PRESIDENT! I am 100% better now. Since I got to Maple grove it ha been very challenging. we tract ALL the time and tracting is not the most uplifting experience usually. And this is a more challenging companionship than I have had on my mission so far. So there is a lot of stress, plus President Clements is pushing us for his grand finale and trying to leave the mission rolling for President Forbes. It has been nuts and I have not been very happy. I have cried a lot, but this week it was so bad I just broke down in the car and cried for a good hour telling Sister Shumway everything I felt. Then we went to an appointment with a recent convert. Our joint teachers were an older couple in the ward. I really was not full of the Spirit, and wanting to teach anyone. As we began to teach and the joint teachers totally took control of the lesson and testified and shared experiences about faith and the Atonement in their lives and how we all need to repent. I am confident that the lesson was not for the convert, it was for me. I learned so much and the spirit was so strong. I was reminded of the strength we can all receive from the atonement and that lesson changed me. I have been happy ever since. I am much happier now than I have been for a while. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the enabling power it has. With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment