Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 4th, 2014 Meeting President and Sister Forbes

Hola family! Happy Independence Day. How did the breakfast go? I hope all went well and that the pancakes survived without me there to flip them :) we are going to a Hindu temple today then going to play frisbee in a park with our district. (Us and two sets of Elders) One of the Elders serving in my ward now is Elder Shrestha. He was in the North St. Paul ward the same time I was. It's pretty cool. He knows some words in Karen too so sometimes I get to use what I know like thank you, hello, goodnight, yes, etc.
This week we got to meet President and Sister Forbes. It was so cool. I love them. Sister Forbes is a convert and she used to be Catholic. President Forbes served a mission in Montana while he waited for his visa, then he went to Brazil. They are going to teach me so much! I'm excited!
How are your scripture masteries going?  Mine are going pretty good. We are having a challenge with the missionaries verses the seminary students at the end of summer, so I have to keep practicing so I can be ready for that too.
With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment