Monday, July 7, 2014

Letter to mom dated July 4, 2014. Technology ruins everything

In one of your letters you asked if I was in danger of flooding where I live. Everywhere is in danger of flooding here, but it is getting less wet hopefully. I'm glad you had lots of help on the 4th. You need to tell Chad to email me back! He is a stinker! Teaching Cass and Morgan to weed will definitely help them on their missions. We weed a ton!
Technology ruins everything. I am so annoyed at how people use technology. I can not tell you how often I have been eating at a members home and Everyone is on the phone, and watching tv while we sit at the table eating dinner. It is so awkward and uncomfortable. Technology is either going to make or break all of the youth of the church. I can not believe my little sister is one of those kids who will never give up her phone. You don't take a cell phone to YW camp! How silly. Putting technology away at 7:00 is the best idea ever. Is dad in on this too? I'll make sure to talk about technology in my next letter to her.
Wow, sounds like the scouts are going thru some challenges too right now. I am glad you shared that with me. It really is not about the numbers, it's about the people (Morgan's scout leader is determined to run the program to the letter and not worry too much about the boys needs or desires)
Lowell Caldwell died? I thought he was going to live forever. The Church is amazing. There is a sister here who had her basement flood and none of her family or friends helped her, but all of the members of the church did. Now she is coming to church regularly and she wants to pay her tithing for the first time in 50 years! It is cool to watch how the church helps everyone else out! I am glad the boys liked their Father's day shirts. We spent an hour at Walgreens trying to pick them out.

With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment