Friday, January 10, 2014

Jan 6th letter to mom. Week 28

I just wanted you to see her awesome Karen writing. Too bad I can't read it! I will continue the letter here. The big obstacle is that she smokes. But she is still aiming for baptism on February 15! I talked previously about one investigator that we have been teaching since I got to North St. Paul. At first she wasn't too interested. She never did the readings or came to church. Well she has been on fire lately. She wanted to meet everyday and she was doing her readings. Well we found out she has been fighting with her family and boyfriend about her wanting to come to church. It is not safe for her anymore for us to go to her house and teach her. I am so amazed at her strength. She still wants to keep learning and she still knows it's true. There are so many young people here who are in the same situation. Who are so valiant and strong, who know what's true and are willing to make changes in their life, no matter the cost. I am so grateful you all are with me in our beliefs. It would be so hard to leave you or to leave the truth. I am learning so much from these young people. They are amazing!!! With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment