Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Email Jan 20, 2014

It's okay if the package doesn't get to me on my birthday, I am still waiting for the present from Nic from Christmas! hahaha! I never get nervous for stuff until right before it happens. Like once a week we try to teach with the Karen Elders and I never get nervous until right before the appointment this week I got so nervous 10 minutes before the lesson I thought I might die! But I would rather be only nervous right before instead of all day long. :)
The Missionaries came to our house at 9pm? Weird. You think you'd be safe to be in your PJ's by then. . . But that is kind of funny.
I wondered how Dad is doing with his calling, it seems like a pretty big responsibility. He told me he had to teach at the jail and how he was kind of nervous for that. Why was Dad conducting the baptism meeting? Why was someone getting baptized on Sunday? I will definitely be keeping Dad in my prayers, he needs to have a day of rest. . .
Was Cassidy okay with 5th on the floor? that is really awesome that she got 2nd on the double mini! I have been thinking about her a lot lately. We just started teaching a 14 year-old girl and I can not believe that she is the same age. There is also a really great member that we all just love and he is 14. I can not imagine Cassidy being as old as these people! haha! I guess she still seems 12 to me. From the time I left home to go to college she hasn't aged since then. . . It's just crazy! How is Isaac? Do you ever see him? or hear anything about him? crazy, I really don't want Isaac to get carried away. . . he is such a good person, I just hope he pulls out of this temptation sometime.
Well I love you! Tee Luh Tha Luh Kee (see you next time)
Sister Smith



On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 mom wrote:

Hope you have a great day. Not sure when you get to email because of the holiday, so I will send out a quick note tonight. I did get the foundation out to you already. Jamie didn't have in stock what you wanted but I had her order two. But she did give me something you might like. We are working hard on new cd's that are not MOTAB. It is hard to find just the right song. I have a birthday package ready to ship out. Dang holiday got in the way, but it will ship out Tuesday. I am praying you will get it on or before your birthday.
I got to teach Relief Society today. The lesson was about the Savior. It was so hard, because there is so much information and they have kind of changed the format a little with the questions in the back. I studied all week and felt good about being guided until right before I had to teach. I don't know why i choose to get nervous then. I got done earlier than usual, around ten til, but that gave Dawnette time to leave a few comments and we got to sing the whole closing song! Most time we only have time for one verse with lots of the teachers.
Because I sent so many letters this last week, I don't have much to tell you today. Except one embarrassing moment tonight. It was around 9 and someone knocks on the door. Dad hollers come in, I am in my jammies watching Battleship with everyone and in walk the missionaries. Elder Earl and the two from Altamont. I didn't know what to do, so I excused myself to go change. They came for nachos. I had no idea, because it was so late. My mom laughed at me and said, "Teach you to get in your pj's early".
Dad is so stressed with his new calling. He had lots of responsibilities today. We didn't even see him until 5:30 pm. and he left at 9 to go to 4th ward. He doesn't like sunday's anymore and is so worried about everything. I hope it calms down a little for him. He had to go to primary and bear his testimony which was fine, but then he had to go teach at the jail. That took three hours, then he had to conduct a baptism meeting at 4. Makes me so sad that now we don't even get to see him on Sunday's. I hope He can feel Heavenly Fathers hand helping him with this calling.
Cassidy had her first tumbling meet Saturday. She took 5th out of 11 on the floor. She did so good. Got really good height and great back handsprings. Then she got 2nd on double mini. She was very happy. I'm sure she will tell you about it herself.
Allyson turned 18 this week! I can't believe she is that old already. She doesn't come to choir anymore. She said she is retiring. Merrilli said if this was how she was rebelling, that was ok with her! Chelise isn't moving home. Because she comes home every weekend, they decided to give her a calling. weird, but it's not my call. Well I'm off to bed. Yeh Eh Nah Pa Doh!!! Have a great week. Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment