Friday, January 3, 2014

email Dec 30, 2013

I liked our Skype, it was so good to see you all! Do I look more chubby? tell me the truth! I don't want to come back chubbier than I left! haha!
How many missionaries are out from our ward? I just got an e-mail from Alex!!! it was so good to hear from him! I am ready to start a new year, not much changes. . . It just means my mission os flying by, which I am not sure I like but it happens. Is there really no snow there? Not even in Daniels? How is Morgan Surviving? Sickness ran its course through the district in November. So every once in a while I get stomach aches and stuff but I just think it is from stress.
We don't get to spend much time doing family history but one day we just got to do it before they drove us to the temple:)
Did I tell you that I got a Christmas card from Jerry? haha! He wrote me a nice little note in it about how he appreciates what I am doing etc. It was quite a surprise!
You were the person I was most excited for, When we were trying to record it I thought for sure you knew something was up and I was just hoping you would forget about it by Christmas time. haha! We were so nervous, i know I am not very good at lying so thank you for not asking any questions during the summer that I had to lie to you about!
We thought about what songs to do for a long time, we even changed our minds a couple of times but we figured what we did was the best, the ones you would like most:) All of my clothes fit perfectly I LOVE them! I was so excited to have new clothes! Sister Riley loved her presents they were so perfect. We specially loved our headbands you gave us! We bothe love headbands so it was great!
The picture of Sister Riley's family from Dawnette's Christmas card is when her brother just got home from his mission, they had a cardboard cut out of Sister Riley! haha! We got the card too! Sister Riley knows/has connections to everyone, it is just nuts!
I love you, thank you for the encouragement and positive attitude always! Yeh Eh Nah
Sister Smith

Mom emailed to Emily:
I can't believe the time went by so quickly on Christmas Day. I just keep getting out my camcorder and rewatching it. It was soooooo good to see you. What did you think of our skype? I'm just so glad we got it to work. You look fabulous.
I got a call this morning at 820 bishop wanted me to do a 3-5 min report on you in sacrament meeting. They had some speakers that didn't show up, so they scrambled for people to fill in. They had all the missionary parents talk. They left me the last five min to talk. It was kind of a bummer, everyone else took at least ten min. I just told about your Karen language and area and eating chicken feet! I told everyone how happy you were with your choice to serve. Also about your teaching the lesson on the first vision and the lady saying that had happened twice to her. Pretty much ran out of time after that. Are you ready to start a new year? I guess we are just staying home and going to party here. There is no snow out at Daniels and I can't be in it anyway if there was any. I have to wear this boot for another three weeks or so.
This past week we have had so many different sicknesses going around. Morgan got a case of his bronchitis stuff, which he shared with me. Chad, Millie, and Ty all had stomach issues. Cassidy threw up Christmas morning and pretty much spent the day home. Then yesterday
Cooper got a fever and he is so stuffed up he can't breathe. Today dad and Lindsey are starting with the sneezing and runny noses. It is pretty bad around here. Hope you are well and not getting sick. You have too many things to be taking care of.
Great news we got to go to the temple and finish up the work for John Mallos. He is the husband to Anna Johanna thompson's sister sarina paulina Thompson. We need to go get them sealed but it sure was great. Dad felt pretty good about doing the work. That John was happy about it. I love doing temple work. On your program you said the ward family history consultants let you work on family history at their house. Do you get much time there? I can send you things I have found that we need to clean up. I have a list. Also if you get on, check out Anna and Dan Arkadis. I have added nick and his first wife. I still need to add Dorothy, his second wife and also our new friend jerry (nick's son) from Seattle. I need to get back to work at the fhc. We have been closed for for two weeks.
Again I want to thank you for the wonderful Christmas gifts. I love my necklace, and our matching bracelets. The cd is the best thing next to the skype visit. It is so beautiful. I have it
loaded on the hard drive in my car so I can listen anytime I want. It makes me cry, but I love to hear your voice! You picked some great songs. You know me so well. I hope all your clothes fit and will keep you warm. Did Sister Riley like her presents? Funny thing, I told our ward today about her grandparents being Richard and marie spencer from Duchesne. Dawnette Browning brought over a Christmas card tonight and it was from Sister Riley's mom to Dawnette. Sister Riley's face was photoshopped in. They know each other from school. It was pretty funny. Well I am going to bed. I love you so much. We are very blessed to have you for our daughter. You are a great example to us all. Keep up the good work, remember who you are. Love you tons, mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment