Friday, November 29, 2013

Dec 2, 2013 Family letter



My thanksgiving was great. Last week I told you about the first half of the day. After we got our Karen skirts and tried weird food, we went to Sister A's house and visited for a while and ate veggies. THen we sat down to have dinner. It was good. Just a normal Thanksgiving dinner. Then we said a little prayer and lit the Menorah. Then we played dreidel, which is basically a betting game. It was fun our money was called gimmel. It was fake chocolate coins with a Menorah on them. I lost., which was okay because I didn't really want a ton of gross chocolate coins. Then we had pie and went to work teaching people.
This week I studied Mosiah 5. I have been thinking a lot about verses 2 and 5 and how crucial it is that we keep the covenants we have made. The general authorities even talked about it in conference, and it was the main message of the Relief Society meeting. we need to keep our covenants and the baptism covenant is to always remember Him, and keep His commandments. As I am here, I have seen so many members and non-members not living the simple commandments like Sabbath day and they wonder why life is so hard, I know that the commandments are to help us, if we live them life won't be as hard. Even if we think we need to break commandments to make it. It's a test! I am so glad I was raised to live the commandments! That I have been raised to be willing to enter into a covenant. Thank you so much. With love, Sister Smith (love's first flower-her name from them)

ps. I had pictures printed at Target and left there with Kristine Smith's photos, not Emily Smith!!! lol I will send some home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment