Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Why are you Mormon? email to Melanie


Mel wrote to Emily:
We had Stake Conference today. It was so full of being missionaries and working on family history work. President Young said, think of someone you would want to have sitting next to you, now write their name down, and go help them get here. I find that invitation exciting! I wish I could just shake people and make them come to church, but I know that just inviting someone and being a good example has to work for now. He also asked, "Why are you a Mormon?"

From Emily:
There is this family we are teaching right now that is really excited to be able to go to the temple! The Temple is the best place ever!! :D
Everything is always about missionary work now! My Ward Mission Leader said this week "the war in heaven didn't end it just moved locations." I love thinking of myself as a warrior. we all are! get your war paint out this is a serious battle!!!! We are on the winning side as long as we keep the covenants we have made! I am a Mormon because I KNOW that the book of Mormon is true. As a result I know that the whole church is true because of this one book that is only 531 pages long. I know Joseph Smith restored the same church that Jesus had on the earth and I want to be part of Jesus' church! I know that the Priesthood is the Power to act in God's name and that our church is the only church that has that power, and I know that Temples are the House of God. Those and so many other reasons, If you ever want to strengthen your testimony study PMG chapter 3 especially lesson 1:)

No comments:

Post a Comment