Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Email 11-18-13

Ya, I am not even gonna try to send Karen over the computer, I will just write it all out! ahahah! I am doing GREAT I love being here and I love my companion! Satan is sneaky and tries to get us down but we just have to tell him NO! I BETTER GET A GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ALLY! you tell her that! Have you helped with the play much? I am excited to hear all about it!
We have 2 people that have invited us over for dinner for Thanksgiving! One is a Hmong family and I do not want to go to that one. Hmong food is weird and not very tasty. then a lady that is from jewish descent and I guess Haunakkah overlaps with Thanksgiving this year so she has invited all of the missionaries over, (she has invited 20 people to her house for thanksgiving) and we are going to have a normal thanksgiving dinner and then do some jewish stuff. it will be really cool. Sister Riely wants to go to the Hmong one and I want to go to the Jewish one but they are at different times so we might go to both:) We will definitely be taken care of :)
I think I will be in St Paul for a very long time. you could send packages to either place:) you are so awesome for getting me another Ipod ready! man! did you put the hymns and Children songbook songs on there like the ones from the church that don't sound that great but sing each song? do you know what I am saying? I'm running out of time so I will write more answers in the letter to you today! Love you!


On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 mom wrote:

I tried really hard to say hello or good morning in the Karen language, but it wouldn't let me do it. Too many unrecognized symbols for the computer I guess. How are you today? Hopefully things are going good for you. The play starts Friday. I am very excited. I think Morgan has some good lines. Merr and Deb Herron tell me how good he is doing. I guess we will see. Mona completely stepped down from the play. So Merrilli had to take over. Allyson's senior year ya know. She has a committee of moms helping her do everything. I'm sure it will be good.
So what do you do for thanksgiving? I know you don't have a way to cook a turkey? Do the members take care of you? I hope someone will. It worries me ya know. We are going to invite the Elders. They are really busy right now. We haven't even met the new elder.
So I don't know much about your companion. You can just write back in a letter if you don't have time to respond to this email. No biggie. Was wondering how your iPod got ran over? Weird. You would be proud of me. Got the other one going and have around 76 new songs. All hymns or primary. Motab. No beats. Even some cello and classical stuff. I prayed to know what to put on making sure it will be good. I think I will ship it out soon and you can let me know if there is a problem. I also burned Braken and Nic some CDs of your playlist. Braken actually asked his mom for some mission approved music. She didn't think he would ever listen to that. funny what a mission will do for people.
Do you think you will be in St. Paul for a long time? I am getting Christmas stuff ready and didn't know where to ship it. I know I still have time, just asking now.
I will try to fill you in more on the family history story about Annie and the cemetery in my letter this week.
I taught relief society today. Lesson was doing good to others. We had lots of people sharing stories and experiences. I shared your story about helping the man rake leaves. It was perfect. I am so glad you have a testimony of service. It truly brings us closer to Christ. Are you doing much teaching? I loved hearing about Christine. The picture of the Hmong village looked like so much fun. Can't wait for you to take me shopping there. So are you not allowed to teach the Hmong people. Do any of them speak English? Well I have asked enough questions for now. I love you so much. Please take care of yourself since I can't. Love, mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment