Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Email 11-11-13



On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 Christy wrote:

I laughed so hard at your last family letter. I can only imagine you gagging with a mouth full of food eating the Pho stuff. Did you ever learn what the meat was? So is the Hmong village run by the Burmese people? Isn't that what nationality the people are you are teaching? How is that going? I don't like district p days, but thank you so much for my note telling me you were ok.
So there was a huge typhoon In the Philippines. Macon is ok, but there is so much damage. They are just recovering from an earthquake. Makes me so glad you are in the states. I know things can still go wrong but you are not so much in Mother Natures destruction path.
I get to teach relief society on Sunday, my lesson is on doing good to others. I am going to share your story of helping the man rake the leaves. I am so glad you are gaining a testimony of service. It really does make you feel so good.
Dad was ready for a road trip, so he and I ran away to Logan. Haven't seen them forever. Of course Cooper was in bed when we got here, but I can't wait to see him in the morning. Linds tells me he is crazy jumping on everything thinking its a tramp. Dives off the kitchen chairs onto the love sac or the couch. Walks around talking all kinds of jibberish. I will get video for you tomorrow!
We got a new missionary. Elder Valdez left. The new one spoke at stake conference on Saturday night. He sounds like a real go getter. He wants to get to know everybody and get to work. He kind of reminds me of Nic. The way he looks and acts. Laughed a lot and has a similar smile. I am hoping to get your ensign tomorrow (or today now!) I have read thru sat morning session and am moving on. It makes a huge difference reading it every day.
Did I tell you we went to the salt lake cemetery to find Annie's headstone last week? The office was open this time and showed me on a map. So we went and the saddest thing ever. No headstone or marker of any kind. Makes me want to put something there. I wonder why? Did she outlive all the family and there was no one to take care of her? It was in 1985. Wish I would have known her then. It wasn't very long ago ya know. Somebody had to pay for the burial spot. I wish Annie could tell me.
I hope you are doing well. Be patient with yourself and the new language. Heavenly Father will bless you. Just be obedient in all things. Scripture for the day D&C 11:21. I love you so much. Christmas is only 7 weeks away. I'm counting down! Best Christmas present ever, a phone call!
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo mommy





Emily wrote back:
haha! You are not supposed to laugh at me while I am throwing up in public places!!!! haha! I never did learn what the meat what but I will never forget what it looks like. Hmong village is run by Hmong people. The nationality of the people I am teaching is Karen. There is Karen people, Burmese people, and Hmong people but each nationality is from Thailand (or Burma then fled to Thailand). It is going well we are learning a lot it is just sometimes hard to see the progress I am making when I see how much I still have to learn but I just gotta take it one day at a time. We don't really know how to teach yet. we are still working on being able to introduce ourselves but we know certain words, just not how to form a sentence. Sometimes the sentence structure is the same to English and sometimes it is not.
I am glad to be in the states too:) Sometimes I don't feel like I am because I am surrounded by so much culture and diversity. Seriously almost everyone we tract into is Asian or African or Hispanic.
The computers here now don't let us watch videos but I would love to see pictures:)
I didn't know that you went to find Anne's headstone. That is pretty sad, do you have a lot of information on her? or did you need the information on the headstone?
I have a few requests:
1. can you sent me more vitamins? the Packets and the vitamin D if you have any.
2. Will you cancel my proactive, it is not doing wonders and I would rather just try something else.
3. This week my Ipod got ran over so if you could work on getting one ready for me to use that would be great! You could restore my yellow one to factory settings and just put the church music on, or I have that ancient white one that has the blue case I'm not sure where either are at but I just need some music!
the rules for music are:
A. Hymns and Children Songbook Songs (No BEATS)
B. Classical music composed before 1930 (Instrumental ONLY)
C. MOTAB (No Showtunes or popular music)
I had this CD on my last iPod called He Is Risen from Mark Gleason I think and I really Loved that one so if you could make sure that is on there that would be fabulous! I would also love all the children songbook songs and hymns. It doesnt' have to be too fancy and I know that is a ton of work and I am so sorry, I wish my last one wouldn't have gotten ran over, but it did. . . no rush on the iPod I understand that you are a busy person. I would rather have an iPod that I can listen to all the music on so take all the time you need to to make sure it is within the guidelines.
Thank you for all you do! Yeh Eh Nah Pa Do ( I love you SO much) <3 I really am sorry I ask for so much stuff. . . TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment