Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 4, family letter and pictures

 This week was fun. We all carved pumpkins for pday. I think that mine is the ugliest, but that's ok. We had a lot of fun carving.
 This is me at the Hmong village. It is basically like Chinatown, except the people don't chase you down! There are little stores everywhere, clothes, movies, toys, fresh produce, real food, pretty much anything but it's all Hmong so there was all sorts of produce I have never seen before. I will send more pictures of the shopping area. It is really fun.
This is Pho (said Fuh). It is a Hmong food with 5 meats, noodles, veggies, bean sprouts and a ton of different sauces you add yourself. It was pretty good, except one of the meats caused way too much gag reflex and I almost threw up, but my mouth was full of food. It was kind of embarrassing, but I learned to not eat whatever meat that was. I don't know what it was, but I know what it looked like!

This week we went on exchanges, so I was with Sister Fawcett and we went to this street to tract. we saw a man around 80 or so raking the leaves out of the road. We decided to stop and help him. He was so glad that we stopped to help. He started telling us how he had been crying and that he was so lonely and he was so glad we helped him. Then he started telling us how when we are faced with adversity we need to let it surround us until we overcome it and it comes a part of us. It sounds kind of random on paper but this experience touched me. I was sooo happy that we were able to help and that we got to actually see how much he needed it. I know we have been raised doing service, but I really have a testimony of how much it can make the difference for someone. With love, Sister Smith

1 comment:

  1. I know as a missionary your not supposed to turn down any food. However, I would probably have a hard time eating that soup stuff. LOL! She looks great!!

    ReplyDelete