Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Email Nov 4, 2013



On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 Christy Smith wrote:

Well here we are into winter and it's wood hauling time. Morgan is so busy at play practice on Saturday's, so Cassidy and I had to go with dad to fill our dump trailer full of wood. We found a good spot and didn't have to move, but it was hard work. I was wishing for some young men to help load.
We had a great testimony meeting yesterday. One testimony in particular really got me. A new member of our ward got up and bore his testimony about the priesthood and how you use it for anything. Don't let the opportunities pass you by. He said they were hauling wood Saturday and he threw a log toward the truck so people could load it easier. He hit Connor Rowley in the leg a pretty hard hit. Later on Brandon gave him a priesthood blessing to help with the pain. He only remembered one time in his life when he received a father's blessing. All other times his father told him to buck up and be a man. I was so sad. We are so lucky to have many opportunities to have father's blessings in our lives. Then I thought about dad and how he never had the opportunity for a father's blessing either. That's when Heavenly Father puts worthy priesthood holders in our lives to help us. We are very blessed to have the priesthood in our lives every day. Our family is so blessed. Your sister's have great husbands who love and cherish them. Everybody is strong in the gospel with great testimonies, and you are out serving the people of Minnesota! I thank Heavenly Father everyday for such strong children. You are great examples to me and dad. I don't know what we did to deserve you guys, but we are very happy to be part of your lives. Have a great day. Love, mom



Emily wrote back:

We were hauling wood this week too! But we did have young men and it wasn't too bad:) I love the Priesthood too I just want blessings all the time and I have been luck to always have someone there to give me one, I have already had 2 on my mission so far and too many to count from Dad. I am just so grateful for the strength the Priesthood brings! I thank Heavenly Father all the time that my sisters found good men to be their husbands:) You are the greatest, and I am not sure what I did to deserve you. It even says in my Patriarchial blessing how amazing my parents are and how I need to be grateful for the Parentage that I have. . .You are incredible and I love you so much! Yeh Eh Na Pah Do! ( I love you SOOOO much!)
I'm not sure which questions I answered in my last letter but I did get my ballot sent out, I did it the day I got them! I did Spend money at the distribution center, I was needing some new garments and I wanted to try the thermals to see if they will keep me warm! I have been working on getting cash back as I have been buying more tights and winter stuff to keep me warm. So As I buy things I get cash back. I do still have to get $40 cash till I can have $100 for emergency so don't be too alarmed if you see another big purchase it will just be for my emergency money:) Hopefully I am set for winter wear now. . .
Morgan is so awesome! I hope that he will be able to loose weight I know it will make him feel better! Dad only has to be without Morgan for one more month so hopefully all will work out! The Play will be over soon! Does Morgan not like the play?? Why did he do it?
I made a Book of Mormon case to hold my little Book and I bought some velcro from Walmart but it really is terrible and I have already had to replace it multiple times so I just wanted a real piece of velcro that would get the job done and hold my flap down! I didn't know where to get it and I didn't want a ton. I knew Dad had some heavy duty kind so it all worked out! haha!
I love you So much!
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment