Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Another email 12-23-13



I have never had a spiritual witness while exercising. . . haha! We don't have the December Ensign yet, we get them a month or 2 later, but we really don't have much time to read them. But we have watched the Christmas devotional about 7 times! It was really good! I haven't seen a picture of your boot. Love you!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013  Christy Smith wrote:


Have you ever had the Spirit bear testimony that God lives while you were exercising? I was at the gym today, riding the bike and reading the December Ensign. I had set a goal earlier in the year to read every article in the Ensign every month and I didn’t want the busy month be an excuse for me. Heidi was doing aerobics and I was alone in the big room. The article was “Come Let Us Adore Him.” You have to read it when it’s quiet and the Spirit can bear witness of the truth of it. I loved the section "O Holy Night". Somehow when I read that I was flooded with the Spirit, to think that He might regard me as a friend. I know I have lots of room to improve, but I truly want to get to know the Savior and have Him call me friend. I love the thought in “Liberty to the captives” too, because we all are captive to something and He is the only one who can set us free. I love my Savior with all my heart. I know He is real. I know He died for me. How grateful I am to be able to repent. I am so weak. Hope you get a chance to read the article. It is really beautiful. Love ya tons, MOM

p.s. The Good News of Repentance is also a great article. I kinda like being confined to the stationary bike. I can take things to study. It's usually quiet and it really helps my not watch how much longer I have to work. Did I send you a picture of my new shoe? (the boot) Ok, i could go on and on about different articles, but i will close with a scripture Mosiah 2:22-24 We can never even come close to our debt to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment