Thursday, December 19, 2013

letter home dated 12/16/13

In your letter you asked about the investigator who brought 9 people to church with her. She was suppose to get baptized on December 28, but she stopped meeting with us for a bit. The Karen Baptist church is really busy this time of year. They go around caroling for donations. But she said she still wants to meet after Christmas, so hopefully she will be baptized in January.
I have hardly started to read the conference Ensign. We are so busy studying PMG and the Book of Mormon. But I liked Robert D. Hales talk "Strengthening Faith and Testimony." I loved how he talks about how the church won't always be without persecution and there will be some things that take patience and faith. So many people give silly excuses for not living the commandments. It will be a challenge, it will require faith!
You don't have to be a certain age for mormon.org profile. It would be great for the YM and YW.
My companions grandparents use to live in Duchesne. Richard and Marie Spencer. Small world.
You asked about my schedule. We wake up every morning at 6:30.  I don't have any callings in my ward. The ward is really good so they don't need us to do much more than be missionaries!
Now responding to the letter that was in the package: I loved the Thanksgiving notes, they really helped me out this week. I also loved the message ornaments. I miss Tiago so much. I loved to see his ornament. The Aida play program was totally inspired!!! I read Morgan's bio on a day I was really discouraged and I read his favorite quote and it totally gave me an "ah ha" moment. I have been fine ever since. ("The true test of a man's character is what it takes to make him quit") So thank you so much. Thanks for all you do. I am so glad to have such a great family. I know God is our Heavenly Father and this gospel is true. With Love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment