Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Email 12-23-13



we don't have much time to e-mail this week or next, but this made me cry, I love sub for santa so much, it is the reason Christmas is my favorite holiday. I am so glad you haven't been too stressed about it. And I am glad people are so generous! 2015 I'll be back to help shop for the left over angels:) we got to do a lot of service this week too, 5 hours of wrapping presents for this lady in the ward, it was insane! haha! I loved it:D I love you so much and I will talk to you on Wednesday:)


On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Christy Smith <tasmith64@hotmail.com> wrote:

Good morning! It is to me anyway. I know we get to talk soon but I know we will have so much to say and I wanted to share a few thoughts with you. It is Saturday morning and we are almost done with sub for Santa. A glorious part of the season, being done! It has been interesting as usual. One mom got to do shop with a cop in Roosevelt and still tried to get help here. The Krilacek family (he has a speech impairment and she is deaf) we help them yearly but this year they decided to wait until Dec 18 to turn in their application. Tracy Taylor (she is a druggie pretty bad) she has three kids and her boyfriend has three-makes 3000 a month, when I asked her about making that much money was just like ya and I have 6 kids! I just don't get it. Most of the people we help smoke and I think hello give up a pack a day and you could buy your kids things. Makes me think of the letter you wrote home about keeping the commandments and we could be so happy. I am not judging people, just frustrated with their use of their free agency. The chamber of commerce decided this year to send over 2000$ instead of the truckload of toys. Dana and her 24/7 dance company held a dance recital and donated all the ticket sales to sub for Santa. $792.00! People have been so generous this year with the gifts they buy to the donations received, so we are able to help everyone. So far we have had about $4100 donated. Maybe that's why I have been so happy and not stressed about late applications or how much they make. It's for the kids and they can't help the stupidity of their parents. I took Cassidy shopping with me yesterday for the leftover angels. We didn't have a lot. Most of it was two very late families and a few items to add to kids christmas. It was fun. I told her it was now her assignment until she leaves home. Helping me and Angella with the shopping. I missed you and remembered the fun we always had doing that. But life goes on and you all grow up and move on to other adventures. Kmart was really busy this year. It was hard to stop and check off our lists and decide what else we needed. It seemed like someone was always wanting to get by us. But people were not rude at all. The ladies at the register were so nice about our three carts of stuff. Then on the way out to the truck, the parking lot was full of slush from the snow they got a few weeks ago, and the carts were so full it was very hard to push them. I had water coming up over my foot with the boot on it and I didn't want my sock to get wet, there was a gentleman who stopped to help me pull it thru to dry ground then he headed over to help Cassidy with hers. Totally different feeling than when we shopped in salt lake. It was so cool.
Oh I forgot to tell you about Bob. He is a man that always goes into Zion's and takes the leftover angels and donates $100 for each kid then we go shopping. Well this year he took the last 12 and then shopped himself for them! Isn't that crazy? Like I said people have been so generous. I am very blessed to see the difference service to others makes. It really brings you closer to The Spirit. I love that you kids have grown up being a part of it all too. We had a ton of people help sort food last night too. The Brady's all came, the Verde's with Michaela and Lilly, and the Denney's. It was awesome. The fair board office was full and we had stuff on the carpeted side too. At first there weren't many people, but they showed up and all worked hard and fast to get the work done. Well I love you so so so so much and hope you continue to love the people and your mission. It makes me so happy that you are watched over and happy where you are. Remember how much we love you and pray for you daily. See you soon! Love, mommy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment