Monday, June 30, 2014

conversation about forgiveness 6-30-14

You asked how do we know when we have been forgiven. Something I heard from I think President Clements, was that when we feel the Holy Ghost in us again we know that we have been forgiven of our sins, because the Spirit can not dwell in unholy temples. The Spirit can not be in you if you are still not forgiven of your sins. But if you ask the Lord if you have been forgiven, he will let you know! kind of like it says in the Restoration video: "if we ask in faith God will show us"

I do often feel Satan trying to get me down. He seems to be trying to push me down every day, but sometimes it affects me more than other times. I know you said that you were going to study the atonement so I was going to give you some of my favorite things I have read about the atonement on my mission:)
one is called "The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope" by Elder James E. Faust
another was "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox I could send you a better list next week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment