Thursday, June 5, 2014

BIrthday wishes for mom 6-2-14

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!! I know this video was for mothers day but today is MY mother's day. . . if that makes sense:) I Love you!
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-01-1010-to-every-mother?lang=eng

How did your birthday breakfast go? There is a place in Eau Claire that has really good breakfast food, We will have to go there sometime when we come to visit Wisconsin again:) I love breakfast too, the worst part about fast Sunday is that the meal we skip is breakfast. the idea of eating breakfast is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

This morning I was studying the conference Ensign, thank you so much for sending me one by the way! I love to have my own conference issue so I do not have to share with my companion. The one I studied this morning was Spiritual Whirlwinds, by Neil L Anderson one part that I liked was:
"Brigham Young said, 'It was revealed to me in the commencement of this Church, that the Church would spread, prosper, grow and extend, and that in proportion to the spread of the Gospel among the nations of the earth, so would the power of Satan rise.'2
More concerning than the prophesied earthquakes and wars3 are the spiritual whirlwinds that can uproot you from your spiritual foundations and land your spirit in places you never imagined possible, sometimes with your barely noticing that you have been moved."

Satan is throwing everything he has at us, he is lashing out in rage that the gospel is being spread so quickly, and often when we are taken off the path we do not even recognize that we have been deteriorating, that is why we need a righteous companion, I know I appreciate it when my companions help me to live the commandments, and mission rules. I am so joyful when they have the love for me to correct me when I make mistakes. when I am searching for an eternal companion I want to look for the same thing, someone who will correct me when i am disobeying.

I did get my package! Thank you! I am so excited about all of it! We are having district P-day so your letter might not be super long but it will definitely be there! My Companion adn I have been eatign so much of the granola recently, it is so yummy! and you are getting really good at making it chunky:)


I did get a picture of your sunburn! haah! When we were doing service for 2 hours I put sunscreen on like 2 or 3 times, I do not want cancer, or sunburns! HAHA. But I am all itchy for a completely different reason. Mosquitoes are unbelievable here, they are relentless. I counted 15 bites, just on my legs and then more on my arms and hands. it is out of control, but I will survive, I survived last summer. . . :) TTFN,
YEH EH NAH PAH DO!  DA THA KU MU DUH NEE (that means happy Monday, because I do not know how to say happy birthday).


With Love,
      Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment