Friday, June 20, 2014

Letter to mom June 16, 2014

I have three letters to respond to so bear with me. What have you heard about Emma in the MTC? How is she doing? Morgan read the Book of Mormon? Wow! What does he think of it?
Sister Shumway is great and even if she wasn't I would never know. She is such a hard worker, if she is. It ok she will just keep working til she is ok. It is like pulling teeth trying to get her to talk to me and tell me how she feels. She suffers from plantar fasciitis, her arches are so high that her ligaments are stretched and they tighten and it feels like a broken heel. The only way to fix it is to be a couch potato. And it hurts worse when we walk and are on our feet. We tract a ton, so we are on our feet a lot. I just wanted to do something fun for her a while ago (Em cut a letter short so she could help out her companion, I asked her why) we have been having tons of fun the last few p days. We are ready for a relaxing one now.
I was glad your birthday fell on a Monday too. That Mother's Day video made me cry too. How is family scripture study going? Ann is doing great! She keeps praying, and reading, and coming to church. Which is usually the hardest part of missionary work (getting investigators to church). She went to California for a week and a half so we won't see her this week.
I love all the family stories you send me. It is so cool! It would be super cool if Nic were able to teach  family. (The Holder family are mostly from Morganton, NC) That happened to an Elder here. He tracted into an uncle he never knew he had, now he is teaching him! So cool! Sounds like you had lots of fun on Memorial Day at the cemeteries. Well, I love you, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment