Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week three

YAY that is so cool! You really are so needed in this calling because you are so passionate about it! Everything sounds like it is going great!

I have only had one headache since I left home and it was my first or second day in Minnesota just cause I am not patient with myself, I just want to be teaching investigators NOW i don't want the door slammed in my face all day! there are not very many members and I know they have friends that are not LDS, hello! let us teach them! but I also just want to be all those things that I was promised in my setting- apart blessing NOW, not later when i have experience I just want to be a great missionary now. So many people are just set in their ways which is hard but I think we met an investigator last night, I felt really good about him, even though he was drunk I feel like he is ready to hear the gospel and let it bless his life and his Children's lives. I think it is allowed I don't know why it wouldn't be! (to send pictures i mean) anyway I love you so much write me letters so I can hear from you during the week too! also if you could send me my little Hymnal it should be in my room with my big scriptures not my seminary ones but the ones i got at my baptism, and insurance card to put in my wallet and one of my roommates in the MTC had a book that was really cool and I want one but I can't get one here so if you or susie or someone in the city could go get one and send this to me I would love it!! Also my luggage ripped so IDK what to do about that Idk if it can be fixed but it is the big suitcase I was so sad. I just want to have nice luggage! It looks like it could be fixable but i just need to find someone who would know how. Also if you could send me a think that plugs into USB and a camera card i could e-mail you pictures instead of printing everything that I want you to see:)


This is my letter to her.

I am so happy to report on the work at the family history center tonight. So i switched with Jill so i could go to the circus tomorrow with the kids. I kept the people she works with, one of who is Carol Mckee. She works down at Al's . I was a little worried, because i know she likes to work with Jill. When she came in tonight, she kind of paused and said no Jill? I told her we had switched and she said OH Boy. I thought Oh No!! I had got there a little early and said my own little prayer for help tonight. I also kept thinking about you telling me i was needed in this calling. I also thought on the way home from Altamont, where can i start with patrons and what can i do to get them excited. Guess what came to mind??? THE FAN!! Show them all their fan. I remember how many people were excited to see that. So Jamie came up for the first time ever and we got her a fan. Jennifer also came up (at 7:40) so i could help her fill in all the blanks on her fan. You remember no grandma Dixie, and fix John and Lois, delete my dad with his unknown mother blah blah blah. Then i also got to help Carol. I told her about the fhc portals and showed her all the links there. She found some pictures of her ancestors on ancestry.com, I showed her how to upload them to her family. She was giggling and so excited. Then she did three more by herself. It was so cool. It made me feel good about myself and abilities, unlike last week. Also someone changed John Stobo's birthday back to where it belongs. I was so happy to see that. I wish i could email her and tell her thank you. There wasn't any contact email information, just her name. Now i have to solve the problem of a child that was born in the 1500's to them. They were born in 1653 ish. Jennifer and Rick are getting really excited about family history work. Jenn just couldn't figure out why she had all those blanks. She said she couldn't sleep Sunday afternoon she just kept thinking about how she needed to find her ancestors and link them to her.

So how are the headaches are you having any with all the stresses of the MTC? now being out in the field? Lindsey tried to send you some pictures thru this account. Do you know if that is allowed? Her email wouldn't go with any attachments. Well I need to go to bed so i will be wide awake when you call. Love you and miss you. Remember, you are never alone. Two companions all the time. I am so thankful Heavenly Father is keeping you safe and helping you not be afraid. Love you lots!!!!!! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment