Saturday, September 20, 2014

September 15, 2014. Love hate relationship with my bike

Dearingest, Darlingest, Momsy and Popsicle (and rest of family)!

I have lots of pictures for you today. This is my companion Sister Nelson. She is from Oregon. She has been out for 4 months, I love her!!

Photo 2: Me on my bike. We've gotten to be best friends and worst enemies this week. On Wednesday I got my new companion. Our car was still in the shop so we were still on our bikes. It was raining and I don;t have a rain coat, so I grabbed my pea coat hoping it would protect me at least a little. I hate this pea coat, but I've been trying to endure with my coat until I get home then I can get a nice coat and keep it nice also I have one less thing to carry home.


Well, (photo 3) is the result of me riding my bike with this coat. My arm looks like I was attacked. I didn't want my arm to look any worse and the rain stopped, so I tied my coat to me. Later my companion informed me how silly that looked. We are asked to be dignified. So I took it off, folded it up and I thought I was so clever as I tied this coat to my bike. Now I had no worries. We continued biking around. 2-3 hours later we are biking along (my coat still tied to my bike) and in a sudden flash my coat gets sucked into my bike tire and I am flying over the handle bars of my bike, face planting into the cement and 100% humbled by my bike. Ridiculous. As if the scar on my arm wasn't enough, now we have the coat totally trying to kill me! I was fed up and threw the coat away. I could not stand it any longer. I mostly just laughed about how dumb the accident was until I woke up the next morning and I was running into walls, unable to walk a straight line, dizzy, nauseous, very very sore and tired. I have bruises all over my body. (Photo 4)

The Mission President and doctor suppose I had a small concussion. Good thing I was wearing my helmet or else I definitely would have been hospitalized (that may or may not be an exaggeration) Thank you mom for teaching me to wear my helmet. :) But no need to worry. I am on the mend. My shoulder and legs are less sore. I am no longer nauseous and I got a blessing and it said that the Lord does not want me hurt. So I will be fine! Really I'm well and enjoying my mission. (Photo 5)


Family, I want to tell you why I invited you to a scripture mastery challenge. Beginning of my mission we had to memorize tons of stuff, so it was easy for my mind to stay focused on the work because my mind was busy thinking about it. When I memorized all the stuff, my mind began to wander. I recognized the connection between the two. when we keep our minds focused on the Lord and his work, even just the gospel, it is easy to live a virtuous life with virtuous thoughts. But if we don't put good thoughts in our head, Satan will have a greater influence on us. When we fill our mind with good, we get good back and it becomes a powerful tool against Satan. Morgan, Cassidy, (and everyone else) there is a scripture mastery app. Get it on your phone and do something worthwhile instead of snap chat or temple run or some other game that only wastes time! Use the technology you have to further the work! Like Elder Bednar said in his talk "Share goodness" Have you heard that one? You should watch it. Remember 2 Nephi 32:3 --scripture mastery, Who knows it!?!
With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment