Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Email Sept 1, 2014. short and sweet

Take your time on your temple experience, it will be a good history if it is complete:) That is good that you got to go visit with grandma! How are the drill team dances looking this year? are they winners again?
That is cool that people in the ward sign up to teach Sunday School, I feel like usually they  would never have a teacher if they left it up to the people to sign up.  our leaders always tell us that we should let our investigators talk as much as we talk, and that is definitely something I need to work on, it is sometimes hard to get people to talk.
That is amazing all the family that you found to do the work for!
Jamie told me that Megan lost another baby, that is so sad:( I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I have not seen any pictures of them lately. I saw his baptism invite, he's so adorable!
I LOVE the shoes you sent me they are broken in. I usually keep them for meeting days, because they are so nice, and I hope to keep them that way!

With Love,
      Sister Smith


On Mon, Sep 1, 2014, Christy wrote:
I promise I am working on my temple experience. I have it typed up at home just wanting to think about it more before I send it. We came to Idaho again for Labor Day weekend. The boys went to St. Anthony to ride at the dunes. Cassidy had to stay home because the drill team had to dance Friday night. It made me sad and caused me much grief deciding between coming here and staying home. I'm having fun with grandma. I think she has been pretty bored cause grandpa is working so hard. We just have been to the farmers market, prepared pantry and another Chuckars game. It was military appreciation night so they ended with fireworks. It was awesome and we won the game too.
I love coming to the ward here. Such nice people and they always seem to have the Spirit when they teach. The ward members sign up and teach the Sunday school lesson. I would be afraid to teach, but they always do a good job. The class participates good too. Seems like our lessons at home the teachers just teach and don't require a lot of interaction. Well in relief society anyway. I always try to involve the class when I teach. I like their stories and opinions. I love my genealogy class because we all get to share our experiences and hopefully inspire others to get the bug. I have been really successful lately finding ancestors. I spent three hours Wednesday morning on family search. I just couldn't turn it off. I have a whole bunch more names to take to the temple. Like 8 women, 7 men and 4 couples. I'm excited to take Morgan and Cass to do the baptisms. Hopefully next weekend.
Megan lost another baby this weekend. It is so sad. She wants more kids so bad and she has the cutest kids. Have you seen pictures of them lately? If not I will send you some. Andrew was scheduled to be baptized next week, but now I'm not sure when that will happen with all Megan is going thru. Last time I was here Megan and her kids came to pick raspberries with us. I made Morg and Cass go and help too. Those little girls worked pretty hard picking.
So are the shoes I sent you broke in yet? I can't remember, did you like them? I'm glad you love the skirt. We really thought it looked like a good skirt for bike riding. Well I am working on a letter to send out so I better not say more here. I loved your last letter about your decision to serve a mission. Thank you for sharing that with me. I love you tons! Have a great day. Mommy xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment