Friday, December 5, 2014

Week of Gratitude December 1, 2014

haha!! so actually, it is so funny December 1st, I'm here in Minneapolis, it is 4 degrees outside, and I have not put a coat on all day. . . LOL! I'm CRAZY, but it really is not that bad, except on my hands. That is really weird that the sub for santa applications are not in yet. usually there are tons of people asking for help. I did not get mail every day, but I did get some Friday and Saturday. So maybe I will get it all this upcoming week! I did not get the Christmas CD's yet. . .
My gratitude List:
Monday: The Simple things in life, having lunch with a member, the Sisters in the ward who just take us in and help us feel welcome (Lynn, Sister Upchurch, and Sister Alexander), my ability to teach the gospel. Sister Nelson. That I got to serve Karen Speaking even if it not was for as long as I wanted it to be.
Tuesday: LDS family services and the ability they have to help people feel happy again. I went there for my last appointment, and she talked about communication skills, I am grateful I have learned how important it is to speak positive words, my positive companions that rubbed off on me.\
Wednesday: STEP (a food shelf we volunteer at weekly), when people tell me good job for things that I do that are hard, Christine and Diana (our investigators), My Testimony
Thursday: We had a place to go!!, My family, Pumpkin Pie, I love the people that we visit I have gained so many friendships here! It will be sad to leave Minnesota, to be the person that I am.
Friday: We got to feed a member's dog she was really cute! Sister Taito will help me and back me up when I feel like I need it!
Saturday: Service, I love to do service!, I am grateful for my car (at home) and that it is not a ford, when others express true feelings, not just what they think I want to hear.
Sunday: Happiness, Laughter, People that care, Getting to meet new people. Bishop Richins.

haha! President always refers me to Sister Forbes too:) haha she's the sweetest though! You do not need to be worried though. . . Are you planning on sending Christmas presents for me here? I was thinking it might be nice to have a stocking, or maybe a present or two. I am fine to just have Christmas when I get home so I don't have to haul more stuff home, ya know? Let me know if you need ideas, I have a few ideas of things that I would like but that you could just take me shopping for after my mission and count that as Christmas:) Let me know what you are thinking!

I have no idea what Sister Taito would like, she is just a funny sister, but I will keep thinking about it.

With Love,
      Sister Smith


On Sun, Nov 30, 2014, Christy wrote:
Can you believe it's December already? Not me. I am so not ready for Christmas to be here. I put Sub for Santa applications out weeks ago and when I checked at the Bank last week there still were none turned in. Weird huh. Makes me very nervous. How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was good. I wrote you a letter that is going out today. We all kind of took a day so you would get something every day. Did it work? My day is today. It is very long and tells all about our little get away for dad's birthday. So I will spare you having to listen to it twice and let you look forward to a long letter from me Wednesday!!! Did you get the Christmas cds? They always make me happy.
Well I took notes everyday of things I am grateful for, so I will share them now.
Monday: Eternal families. I want to be with my kids and grandkids (all my family really) forever! Also very grateful today for missionary pdays and emails. I have really been at peace since your email last week. How are you doing? Should I still be worried? I hope all the things causing you to over stress are all worked out now. School, a place to live, when to come home, new companion, etc. I can't wait to hear all about her. I need to send some christmas stuff for her, so if you would give me a little insight that would be great. I just want to fill a christmas stocking for her too!
Tuesday: Family support. I just love our family. They all came to watch the kids in the play and that means a lot to me. Also went to Vernal to help Lindsey unpack a few things. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. I just love the sun.
Wednesday: Sleep. After being up late every night because of the play, I am grateful for sleep. Also grateful to have a home to have Thanksgiving dinner in.
Thursday: Food and family. I will have to send you a short story about the pilgrims and the five kernels of corn they ate for a meal. I shared this story before our feast. I will include this in my letter. We are very blessed to have food on the table. I feel bad for those that didn't have much and hope I can help people at Christmas have food in their cupboards.
Friday: Today because we began our trip to southern UT. I am grateful for nature and the beautiful red rock mountains in Southern Ut.
Saturday: Today I am grateful for laughter. Dad had been so relaxed on this trip. Didn't have a million phone calls and didn't stay up all night running credit cards. Just was happy to be with us.
Sunday: Today I am grateful for the opportunity to go to church and renew covenants made. I am grateful for the peace that Sunday brings. I am grateful for my testimony. (it was fast sunday in Moab because of stake conference next week)
The weather has been so weird. We have been in the 50's all week long. I looked online at Minneapolis, it looks cold! Are you staying warm? Looks like today in Minnesota will be the coldest all week. I can send hand warmers or foot warmers. I kept telling Morgan we need to put up our Christmas decorations. But we will prob wait until it's in the negatives to do that. Seems like that's how it happens. I am putting books together for grandma and grandpa if you have a letter or two you want to add. If it will be easier, I will probably just put them in a binder in page protectors, because there are so many I still don't have and then they can still be added easy enough later.
I pretty much said anything I could say in my letter. So I will go for now. I love you and hope you know how wonderful you are. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is taking care of you and answering your prayers and mine. I am glad He is there for you 24/7 when I can't be. I am grateful for Sister Forbes too. She is really nice and told me I could call her anytime. I won't, but it's nice to know. Seems like whenever I contact President Forbes, he says oh here my wife knows more than I do talk to her. too funny. Have a great week and remember who you are! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
love, Momsy

No comments:

Post a Comment