Monday, December 8, 2014

Namaste! December 8, 2014 Christmas plans

haha! Namaste! Did you know that Elder Shrestha (the one you sent jerkey to) that Namaste is part of his native language? That is one of my favorite ways I have learned to say Hello on my mission!

Wait, Dad is going home early enough to be able to pick up Cassidy and take her home? Usually when we get packages they have boxes that they leave it in at our apartment, that they give you a key for inside your mail box, just like at the post office. But Yesterday, on Sunday, we found a package for me outside our door. They don't deliver mail on Sunday, so we have no idea how it got there. . . But I loved all the sunshine:) Thanks! I am so excited for the tree, you can not imagine, I have been so excited for it all week!

We do have good investigators, we have a mom and a daughter (the mom's name is Christine haha!) they are loving the gospel and preparing for Baptism. We have a man from Kenya, named John. He will soon be being taught by the Elders because his girlfriend just went back to Kenya so we can not teach him anymore. Then we have a few other people we are working with:)

The ward is great! We had 3 member presents this week! That is much better than the 0 we have had in the past! Sister Taito, loves to sing, she danced at the PCC (Polynesian cultural center), she does not like the beach (except for to surf on), She loves snacking mostly on goldfish, She taught me and one of our investigators how to hula and we did it at the ward party on Saturday (it was awesome!)

Sister Nelson's first name is BrendaLee

I would love ingredients for cheeseballs:) Also, PLEASE PLEASE send me a copy of the forgotten carols!, President Forbes changed the music rules a little so I can listen to those now! Thank you for the extra money, I definitely need to be finding Christmas presents.

Is State Drill overlap a competition of Wrestling? Does Morgan like wrestling? I hope he is happy, and I will pray for him. At least he is still eating, not like Bryson did. all my wrestling friends would live off of celery, and peppers, or a string cheese. yuck. How much weight has Morgan lost so far? I have never heard of the cabbage soup diet. Why no bananas? That is cool that he is doing something and trying hard at it! I'm so proud of my little brother. I bet dad will like the diet though, he's always been into healthy stuff.
I would starve if I could not eat bread, pasta, or white rice. . . that is basically all we eat, because it is all that is fast and easy.

Today it is freezing. the temp is not bad, but the wind is awful. . . I sure hope it gets better! Well, I will send you some snow from here, I hope it snows there before long, I want to come home to snow!


I love you, thank you for all you do. Guess what? we already have a place to be on Christmas Eve and tentative plans for Christmas Day!!! Well in advance! The ward loves us after we hula'd at the party! Yeh Eh Nah!

With Love,
      Sister Smith

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 mom wrote:

Namaste is spoken with a slight bow and hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointing upwards, thumbs close to the chest. This gesture is called Añjali Mudrā or Pranamasana. In Hinduism it means "I bow to the divine in you." So picture me doing this and bowing to the divine in you!!!

Good morning or most likely afternoon. Well it's December 8. Can you believe it? We finally got our tree this weekend. Now today I have to get to work on the inside and outside of the house. It's crazy nobody is ever home to help out. Hopefully I can get Morgan to help me after school. We are taking Lindsey and Ty their tree today so they can put it up. Morgan just couldn't stand the thought of them hauling it home on top of the Denali. So we will go after we drop Cassidy off in Roosevelt at tumbling. Dad will pick her up when she is done and they will head home. Maybe do some more decorating on our tree. We only got the lights on. Cassidy had to go to bed and we didn't want to finish it without her. You should be getting your tree today, if you don't have it already. Do they leave packages at your home or do you get a notice and then pick it up at the post office? just wondering how that works. Funny thing about the tree. I got it all packaged up and ready to ship out and I looked at the label again, and didn't write your apartment number on it. I am so thankful for tender mercies from Heavenly Father. Why would i look at the label and notice the missing information. I know why and I am so thankful when the little things (but really big things)happen. You probably wouldn't have gotten the tree. Did you get a package from me this week? I forgot to check the tracking on it.
How are things going with the missionary work? Any good investigators? Is the ward warming up to you yet? I haven't heard anything about your new companion except that she is from Hawaii. What else? Also I really want to send sister Nelson a gift. Can you tell me her first name so I can get it out soon. I just will have to send it to the mission office and we know how long those kinds of things take. I want her to have it before Christmas! Last week you said you had some ideas on what you wanted for Christmas. Want to tell me some? I will definitely take you shopping when you get home, but still need to send something to you to open Christmas morning. My cheeseball factory opened up this weekend. I made a quadruple batch of cheeseballs for friends and family. Do you want me to send you ingredients to make some of your own? I have rolka cheese and the seasonings. You will have to buy cream cheese and sharp cheddar is all. Let me know today if you want it and i will get it out.  I put some money in for extra shopping you might be doing.

Work at the family history center is going well. Lana Jordan is just loving taking the class on Sunday's. She is having so much fun. I found 14 more people that I need to check sources on that say they need temple work done. I don't want to start on them yet because I have so many others I need to get finished up on a family I am working on. It's so sad that Lindsey is gone now and not coming to the fhc. I need help getting all this done. I will have to convince Jamie to get up there with me. Melanie comes, but she works on her own line and Trents.
The play is over and now drill and wrestling are in full swing. They have competitions on the same weekend all of December and some of January. Morgan is doing well but still overweight. He is at 308 and needs to be 285. So this week he wants to do the cabbage soup diet. Have you ever heard of it? Every day you eat cabbage soup and then on each day it tells you specific things you can eat as well. Today is any fruit, except bananas. So he eats all the soup he wants and all the fruit he wants. His breakfast this morning was a kiwi, orange, and an apple. Pray for him (and me). It is going to be hard. I know anytime you change your eating it makes you ornery because you are hungry! I will need strength to endure the week. Dad is going to try it too. We are all getting healthy. You might not recognize us when you come home. lol. Morgan is really trying so hard to make good choices. He isn't suppose to eat bread, pasta, white rice etc. So we had a pasta bar for lunch yesterday. That is so hard, but he had no pasta. Just ate salad and all the toppings like chicken and meatballs. We might have to stay home when they want to eat pasta from now on and let them eat at home. We usually have sunday dinners at my house because we all fit down in the piano room. I can't expect them to change what they want to eat, but I can make it easier on Morgan.
Well I have a letter going out today so I am out of things to tell you. Have a great day and hope you are staying warm. Looks like you are in for decent weather temperatures this week. 30's until Saturday suppose to be in the 50's. Let me tell you how weird it was cutting down a tree with only a skiff of snow on the ground in the mountains. I wore tennis shoes to go traipsing around the mountain with dad. Boots would have been better because the river bottoms were a little slushy, but it worked. I love you and wish you a very happy holiday season! Love, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment