Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last missionary lesson to the family. December 25, 2014

Smith, Adams families, Malo Lelei! (Tongan) Merry Christmas!

This is my last letter as a full-time missionary. :/ I am not sure what to think. I'm excited to see you but sad to leave this place I've come to love so much. As I'm preparing to come home, I have been asked to set a lot of foals an reflect on these quotes by prophets and apostles. One of them really stood out to me to share with you. "Our house is to be a house of order...let us provide time for family, time for work, time for study, time for service, time for recreations, time for self-but above ALL, TIME FOR CHRIST" PRESIDENT MONSON

Then ask yourselves, "What are the top 10 priorities in my life?" then "am I living like those are my priorities?" I know our family is on everyone's list of the top 10's, but how do we show it? Are we too busy with wrestling, drill team, work, grandkids, friends, homework, etc to show that our family is what is most important to us?
Linda S. Reeves in a recent conference said: "The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are daily scripture study and prayer and weekly Family Home Evening."

I know we are all busy, but the most important thing we can do is to make time for our family. To do prayer and family scripture study. If you do no make time for it, you will never have it. And I truly have seen the difference it makes as I go into homes that do family study and prayer an homes that do not. Make it a priority. Even if you need to just start with one daily family prayer. Start with one if you have to but make time for it in your daily life. There is much more love and spirit in a companionship that studies, learns, and prays together. I love you all and I will see you soon!

With love,
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment