Tuesday, December 30, 2014

last letter to mom. December 25, 2014

What a crazy few weeks I've had here. Nothing like spending Christmas day packing to go home. Next week will be a district pday and 2 days til I come home so it'd be silly to write then. I'd get there faster than the mail would.
It has been weird weather here too, usually upper 30's. Last winter it was more normal to have -30'. Minnesota is kind of a funny place. There was some snow on the ground, but now it's all gone. (
I can not believe I had a brown Christmas in Minnesota!
What a wonderful 18 months this has been! It was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done, but so worth it. I am much more the person I want to be than I was 18 months ago. And most of all I have gained a testimony and an understanding of the Atonement of Christ and how it affects my life/ It is no longer just this thing I don't understand, but it has meaning to me and I've seen how it changes lives and families. I have learned the things I want to be in my future home, and new ways to be better and to come closer to my Father. What a blessing my mission has been. Thank you for supporting me through it! :)
3 Nephi 5:1313 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

With love, Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment