Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014 Coming home

------Before I read your e-mail------
My thoughts are that I know that there are a lot of Sisters going home Dec 17th and I think that I need to be here longer than that. Honestly I want to come home a week(ish) early so that I can adjust a tiny bit, go to the dentist, spend some time with you, gather my stuff, move to Logan, adjust to Logan and then go to school without being a nervous wreck because I don't know where anything is and everything is a mess. I think that if I come home before Christmas and be around you all for a long time then move out again, it will be hard for me and I will just make the process of adjusting be drawn out and longer than necessary. I'd rather just start school on the 7th, go to school for a week and a few days then come spend the 4 day weekend with you all, so it will be less of a me adjusting to being around family again, then by the time I get used to that I will be adjusting to being on my own again. and this time not even Lindsey or Megan are in Logan to keep me sane. I want to be in Logan on the 7th, and i also feel like the mission needs me for as long as I can stay.

---after I read the e-mail---
I did get my packages from the mission office, I finally went down there, I have not been to the mission office since MAY. . . that is so long! I could use some fleece lined TIGHTS, not leggings. also my companion wants to try the prepared pantry syrup.

Well, When I get home I will help you, I will be close to a temple, and I am sure I will be missing the Spirit so I'll go to the temple. . . Actually a member of the 70 came to the mission and he  told us to make sure our family had a name ready for us to go do sealings for when we get home, so save one for me:)

I do remember Bill, He was such a nice guy, how many siblings did Grandma have? I did write you too, maybe the mail system is just going on the fritz for us. . . Because I sent it!

He told me it would be $200 to change tickets. I will pay for it, I know you and dad have been forking out a lot of money for me in the past 20 years (but especially in the past 3). I feel right about it.

Movies sounds fun, that is really special that Cassidy wanted to still sit by you! Have you seen Meet the Mormons yet? President said I could call you today (monday) So I have to finish my e-mailing then I will call and confirm things.


With Love,
      Sister Smith

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014, Christy wrote:
So before I say much about your visit with President Forbes. I want to know your feelings. What did you learn and what thoughts are mulling around in your head? I want you to tell me before the end of my email where I tell you our thoughts.

I am really hoping you got your packages finally from the mission office. It is because I sent them in a padded envelope, not first class or parcel post that they couldn't forward them to you. So we had to wait for someone coming your way to bring them. Awful! I know I am so sorry. But think of all the packages you have gotten recently. (hopefully) I have another one going out soon, so if there is anything you need, please speak now or forever hold your peace.
The conference talk we listened to today was "The Book" one of my very favorite talks. I love how he compares life to a passport and things have to be done in a certain way and in order to get to your destination. Just like baptism and confirmation are stamps in the passport of life to get us back to Heavenly Father. I love that he says family history work should be done by families. I need some help to get all this done. I am seriously thinking I might have to share with the temple system. I don't want our ancestors to have to wait any longer. I do have my favorites, that I have had to hunt for that I feel so close to that I am keeping and some I am handing out to relatives, but I feel bad making them wait and I am sure they don't really care who does the work for them.
I don't know if you remember my mom's brother Bill. They live in Alpine in the big house with the pool table downstairs. We use to have Christmas parties there. Anyway, he died last week. In his sleep, figured maybe had a heart attack. The funeral is this week. Makes me sad for my mom. Now she only has one brother left of family that she knows.
I didn't get any mail this week, so I am really hoping you aren't trying to get back at me for not writing, which I did. Jk. I am sure you are busy.
When I got home from the fhc on wednesday night, I had a message from President Forbes to call. He was funny. "It is not an emergency and I just want to talk about travel arrangements" is how he started out the message. I am glad. I might have freaked out a bit if I didn't know you had a visit with him this week. From what I understand, we would have to buy you a ticket because yours is already purchased. I think it would be the price of a full ticket. I can check if I need to. I am suppose to call President Forbes back when we decide what we are going to do. So dad is thinking you should just come home on the 7th and live and work around here until summer or fall. It seems to be a hassle and I think it messes up companionships if you leave early.That is what Rick said anyway. I know travel during the holidays is hard and expensive. I know Lindsey wrote you an email tonight about things you can busy yourself with. I can definitely put you to work in the Family History Center!!!
I am trying not to be selfish and am praying to know what is best for you. Only you can decide. So what are you thinking? I know it is so hard trying to decide on things like this thru email and not being able to really talk about it. We will support whatever you decide. Just decide then pray to know if it is right. Then let me know what to do.
Dad and Morgan went to Las Vegas this weekend to the races. There was a tool auction then they got race tickets for going to that. They took Ty with them too. I think it was a long weekend for Lindsey. Today was a nightmare with the time change business. Cooper was so tired, but wouldn't take a nap at my house. Kid will only nap in his dark room at home. Then it was too late to take a nap because it was too close to bed time. Then Lindsey was playing rough with him and ended up giving him a bloody nose! Crazy huh. I think her head met up with his mouth and nose. So she finally took him home to bed. Then Easton started. He has been an angel all day. I don't know what was up with him tonight. Crying and nothing would console him. He is usually good to take a binky from me. But not tonight. I hope they all go home and get some sleep.
I did take the girls to the movies yesterday in Roosevelt. Jamie tended Porter and Mel tended Cooper so they could go enjoy a good chick flick. Cassidy came too. It was fun. They actually had a 4:00 show in Roosevelt. Some of the drill girls showed up with their moms too. I was happy Cassidy wanted to sit with me. It was fun.
Well I guess I am off to bed. Hope you have a great week. Remember who you are! I love you tons, Momsy

No comments:

Post a Comment